Accounts appear off

kbartow1
kbartow1 Quicken Windows Other Member ✭✭

I use the planning tool and have several sub accounts setup there. About a month ago my account would not connect to my bank to download transactions. I finally deactivated and reactivated them and they downloaded but seem off by almost $2000. When I balance to my online account it says it is balanced. However, if I take the checking balance (adjust for uncleared trans)and add in the balance of the planning accounts they do not match my online bank balance. In the past they have always matched. I have been trying for weeks to find out what is off and can't see anything. I'm not sure how to correct this and would appreciate any suggestions.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have Pending Transactions enabled and to have them shown in the register and be included in the current and ending balance? If so, try unchecking the preference to include in the current and ending balance to see if that resolves the issue for you.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R59.10 on Windows 11

• kbartow1

I turned off the pending transactions completely and reset the account. But nothing changed. Any other thoughts? Am I correct that if I add the checking balance and my Savings goals that should equal what the bank shows I have?

• kbartow1

I just tried to validate and repair and nothing changed. So I balanced against the bank balance and it is showing balanced. When I run the report it is showing uncleared checks and payments that equal the exact amount of what I am off. The only uncleared I have are what was transferred to the savings plan and that has never thrown it off before. I'm so confused.

This discussion has been closed.