How do I set up Quicken to automatically enter existing deposits on business days only?

tjbuki
tjbuki Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I have several deposits that are automatically entered on a given day if each month. How do I change the deposit dates to business days only?

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

There's no way, in Q to limit a transaction to "business days".

If you want only "business days" in your account register, you'll need to do that manually.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• NotACPA
    Answer ✓

There's no way, in Q to limit a transaction to "business days".

If you want only "business days" in your account register, you'll need to do that manually.

• tjbuki
    tjbuki Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Sounds like an opportunity for improvement!

• NotACPA

The problem with your suggestion is that "Business Days" vary from state to state, with State holidays existing in many locations. Also, for example, some locales celebrate the day after Thanksgiving as a holiday also.

The only way that I can envision this happening is if the user was required to maintain the "business days" calendar.

But Note that Q is intended to be a Personal Financial Manager, not Business. Even the Business functions included are oriented towards small personal-service type businesses.

Lastly, I frequently do banking on Saturday making deposits/etc on that day. Should Saturday thus be a "business day"?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 19

It seems to me you could use a reminder that is set to only use business days, and then when the actual transaction it would match to that reminder, and it should keep the date that was set by the reminder/date of transaction (but not the posting date used for the reconciling).

Personally, I haven't used the "only business days" option so I don't know how good it works:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Richard Schreyer
    Richard Schreyer Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Don't see that option in Quicken Deluxe Rel 56.9…What version of Quicken are you using?

• NotACPA

On the "Add Income Reminder" dialog, click the "Remind Me …" Change link and see if you find the "Business days" option there.

This discussion has been closed.