Was the discrepancy between the Projected Tax and the Tax Planner fixed with a prior update?

hmday
hmday Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭
edited June 22 in Investing (Windows)

The Projected Tax window does not include Capital Gains. The Tax Planner does include Capital Gains, thus the two do not match. Wasn't this fixed in a prior update? Seems like it corrected for a period of time. Are others having this problem or is it unique to me?

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

What I found is that the projected tax page does not update when the capital gains in the Tax Planner is updated.

To trigger an update, click on the Capital gains number at the top, then change the selection at the bottom to User entered and back and close the Tax Planner.

I think it also updates if you restart Quicken.

Please let us know if this fixes it for you

QWin Premier subscription
  • hmday

@Jim_Harman Following your steps, updates the Projected Tax to include the Capital Gains. The tax calculation is correct and matches the Tax Planner. However, when I close, and restart Q the Capital Gains line is absent (the original problem) from the Projected Tax window. The problem isn't that the number in the Projected Tax window is incorrect and not updated it is that it is missing unless I follow your steps…Is it just me?

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

So the correct value appears in the Tax Planner, you switch it to User entered and back and exit the Tax Planner and the correct value appears in the Projected Tax.

But then you exit and restart Quicken and there is no Capital Gains line in the Projected Tax? Is the refund/amount due correct after restarting Quicken?

This works OK for me. What version of Quicken are you running? I am running R56.9

Or maybe there is something else we need to do to get it the value in the Projected Tax to stick. See this discussion for more info on this issue

QWin Premier subscription
  • hmday
    edited May 20

The refund/amount due is correct based upon the missing CG in the Projected Tax window. The CG line is completely missing from the Projected Tax window. Obviously, the amount/refund due does not match the amount in the Tax Planner which does include the CG. I'm using R56.9. I'm having the problem described in the post you referenced. Also, I have validated the file.

• markus1957
    markus1957 Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta

You are running Premier version, right? I had that issue before upgrading to Business. @Jim_Harman is also running Business so he won't see it. All you can do is contact support using Report a Problem and submit a sanitized file. Be sure to mention this is an issue with Premier and that it is not seen in Business.

It's very easy to duplicate so if you want to create a new file with only manual inputs in Tax Planner, it will show the issue easily.

• hmday

yes I'm running Premier. Ok I will report it thanks

This discussion has been closed.