Lost my backup

Reimer
Reimer Quicken Windows Subscription Member

So I must have deleted my Quicken backup from my computer. i do use quicken mobile besides my computer and on my phone every thing is there. Is there a way in can get it all back on my computer?

Tagged:

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Why can't you simply create a new backup file from your copy of Q? Or, somehow, did you lose that also?

Because if there's no backups, and no Q data file … sorry but you're S.O.L

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Quicken Windows Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭

the desktop QDF file is not a "backup" for your Mobile - it is the primary storage of your Quicken data.
    and the Quicken Cloud is also not a backup of any kind.

https://www.quicken.com/support/what-quicken-cloud

As asked above - do you mean that you somehow have lost your Quicken QDF file on your computer ?
    Are you creating auto backups and manual backups ? — Edit — Preferences — Backup —

• eileenberna
    eileenberna Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I am in the same boat. I was backing up to a external drive that just failed. My web version is up to date. There must be some way to access it. My password management program has a "master password" just for something like this. I have two years of data gone from the program now. 😥

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Quicken Windows Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 21

again - as posted above - there is no Web version, merely 2 companion features that access a subset of data from what you selected and SYNC to the Quicken Cloud.
    All your data is stored in the Quicken QDF Data File on your computer. Also.. you need to have created BACKUPS as per the Preferences shown above…

My general backup is full /Document/ folder copied monthly to alternating external 2TB drives, along with Quicken backups to flash drive after data changes.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins Quicken Windows 2017 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Assuming the web version allows for reporting or downloading of transactions, it may be possible to rebuild your desktop file using QIF, CSV, or QFX imports. Likely would be a lot of work, but could be a way to get your data back.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.