SeanLake
SeanLake Member ✭✭

I keep hitting enter, and even clicked the

and it just won't save the transaction and let me enter a new one :(

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Any error message? Anything missing in the transaction like Date, Payee, Category, etc.?

If you could, please show the entire transaction, all columns including column headers.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

what kind of account - looks like Checking ?

what are you doing that you get those 3 icons displayed ? - Save - Settings - Split - ?

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

F.y.i., these icons display in the new transaction line

• to the right of the Balance column when showing the register in 1-line-per-transaction mode
    • or in the 2nd line, in the Balance column, when in 2-lines-per-transaction mode
    • and the Register Column "Action buttons" is enabled

The OP uses the Actions gear icon option "Selected row style: Outlined" instead of "Shaded" and that's another reason why the icons look different from what we're used to see when using the old-fashioned ("Shaded") blue new transaction line.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

got it -
    in my checking acct, the extra icons were off screen to the right - on my laptop - so I never see them -

in my credit card - the display is narrower, and the icons are there… but I don't usually go down to that entry line - so I didn't notice -

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24
    Options

review - what version & expiration - ….. Help —> About Quicken ?
    - Starter - Deluxe, etc

• Chris30
    Chris30 Member ✭✭
    Options

I was having the exact same issue. Version: R56.9, Build: 27.1.56.9. Called support. They had me try making a "Complete Backup", and then restoring from that. It did nothing. THEN the support agent had me do the second radial button option, "Create a copy or template", and then open that data file. It worked. Renamed it to the same name as the main data file.

HOWEVER. Note that this nukes your syncing preferences. Which is a bummer.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Synching to the Web, for use by QWeb or QMobile, has multiple problems that readily result in a corrupted Q data file.

You haven't lost anything that wasn't risky.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris30
    Chris30 Member ✭✭
    Options

No, not syncing to the web — downloading transactions from one's accounts. It was all those logins that got/get lost.

This discussion has been closed.