Estimated Income not showing for certain accounts - Cash Management & Bond funds (edit)

mb5!
mb5! Quicken Windows Subscription Member
edited June 25 in Investing (Windows)

Estimated income not showing for TDFXX, FXNAX, and BPTXX. Appears Quicken has trouble with Cash Management Funds and Bond Funds. No problem with individual stocks. When will this be fixed?

Best Answer

• q_lurker
    q_lurker Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

What I am seeing is that no Mutual Fund securities (including money market funds) get a downloaded Annual Dividend value thus they do not get the new 'automatic' feature that the value flows to Estimated Income. Neither do specific bonds (corporate, municipals, or US treasuries). The new feature is helpful, but not a complete fill-in for developing estimated investment income. I doubt that it ever will be.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24

For some funds you must set the income per share manually. The setting is on the fund's Security Detail page. Click on Edit Details then More info. For a money market fund yielding 5.2%, enter .052.

The income per share is not set automatically because Quicken's quote provider does not supply it. If you would like them to fix this, please contact Quicken Support.

QWin Premier subscription
  • q_lurker
    Answer ✓

What I am seeing is that no Mutual Fund securities (including money market funds) get a downloaded Annual Dividend value thus they do not get the new 'automatic' feature that the value flows to Estimated Income. Neither do specific bonds (corporate, municipals, or US treasuries). The new feature is helpful, but not a complete fill-in for developing estimated investment income. I doubt that it ever will be.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Quicken Windows Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭

So… what do you look for and use for - Mutual Fund DIVS ?
    ie - https://investor.vanguard.com/investment-products/mutual-funds/profile/vtsax

• q_lurker

@Ps56k2

What do you look for and use …

Who you?

I don’t use anything because it is too hard for me to reliably develop such income estimates.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I use the last 12 months of dividend distributions. Note that many funds have a larger distribution in December than earlier in the year. Or you could use the SEC yield. This dats is available from Morningstar and other sites.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.