Q2016 - Blank screen when "Sign-in with your Intuit ID"

MarcJoli
MarcJoli Quicken Windows 2016 Member

I lost my laptop hard drive. I am running Quicken 2016.

Bought a new laptop with Windows 11. Downloaded my quicken 2016 from my Amazon downloads where I bought it back in 2016.

Found a backup copy of my Quicken data from Feb 2024 and tried to restore from there. It may have worked. Not sure. When I open Quicken, I get a blank screen under the label "Sign-in with your Intuit ID". For some reason the web form that would normally be there on the blank screen is not rendering.

My new computer has Edge and Chrome browsers. Tried when Chrome is the default browser and when Edge is the default browser. Still, the login form is not rendering. This must be a common problem. what is the solution? Is there a way to get past this to verify my data got in from the backup?

Marc

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

You may be out of luck. You might want to read this: https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/blanklogin2014-2017.html . It explains what the cause of the issue is and a couple of possible methods for how to get your QWin 2016 to work, again.

If neither of these things resolve the issue for you, then your only option to be able to open your data file is to purchase a Quicken Classic Subscription.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R59.10 on Windows 11

• volvogirl
    volvogirl Quicken Windows Other SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

See this thread about 2015. Intuit no longer owns Quicken so the Intuit ID won't work.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@MarcJoli - If you do end up buying a Quicken Classic Subscription you won't need to pay full retail if are willing to do a little research and have a little patience.

Quicken.com often offers nice discounts to new subscribers (you would be a new subscriber) so be sure to check out their website. Eventually you will very likely get a nice discounted price offered to you.

Another option that others have found to be very helpful in keeping down the cost of their subscription: Search the Internet for discount deals. Many of the big name retailers (such as, Walmart, Costco, Sam's Club, Best Buy, Target, Office Depot, Amazon, NewEgg.com) sometimes offer subscriptions at some pretty steep discounts of 25%-40%. They aren't offered all the time but they do come up relatively frequently.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R59.10 on Windows 11

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Quicken Windows Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 31

@MarcJoli - just to clarify - you are trying to install and use Quicken 2016 -
    The signon servers and IDs from that era belonged to Intuit - which sold Quicken years ago and terminated all those servers & IDs.
    So - basically you are trying to sign into a server - that no longer exists - with an ID - that no longer exists.

EDIT - added the Q2016 to the topic title -

This discussion has been closed.