Split item - mouse over display -

Options
julz614
julz614 Member ✭✭

I'm on Quicken Classic Deluxe for Windows 10 Home, version R56.9, build 27.1.56.9.

I've been a Quicken user since 1994 so I am very familiar with how Quicken works.

Recently I have been trying to make it easier to view my split items without clicking into each one. I noticed in the mouse over when the window pops up the columns displayed are "Category - Tag - Amount" however I have all tags in my entire file turned off (I hate tags). Seems to me that the "Memo" should be available for viewing in that column instead of "Tag" but I cannot find where to select that as an option.

If the Memo data would show up in the mouse over it would save me from having to click in to each and every split item just to see the breakdown for that transaction…am I wrong in thinking this?

Attached are two screenshots, one showing the mouse over and one showing I have Tags unchecked.

Please advise….thanks,

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

guessing it's a hard coded popup

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That might be a nice improvement.

Note if you select the transaction then click on the Split checkmark, you can see the full split transaction window, including the Memo for each split line, and make any needed changes.

QWin Premier subscription
  • julz614
    julz614 Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, that is true but what I'm looking for is to see the memo line in the mouse over so I don't have to click into the transaction thus saving me multiple steps just to look at the memo info.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you change the order in which columns are displayed in the register, Edit / Preferences / Register, to enable "show Memo before Category", then the Split line popup won't popup over the transaction's Memo text, if any exists.

If you have recorded Memo text as part of each Split line, to see it you will have to open the Split transaction dialog instead of the mouse-over popup.

I concur, it would be an improvement if the mouse-over popup could be enhanced

• to not show the Tag field when the Tag column is not selected in the register view
    • to show the Memo text recorded in each Split item line

This discussion has been closed.