Salem Five Bank Business Account Download Issue

joemco
joemco Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I am trying to setup online access to Salem Five Bank for a business account. I cannot connect even though Salem Five is in Quicken list because the bank requires a company ID, user ID and a password to login. Quicken does not allow for this. Is there a workaround?

I have also tried downloading the QFX file from the bank and when I open it Quicken provides this message "Quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution information for this download. Please try again later." Is there a fix for this?

Lastly is it possible to import an excel or csv file into Quicken that will bring the bank transactions in?

Thank you for the help

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @joemco,

If the financial institution supports it, you may be able to import a QFX file from the financial institution into Quicken.

For the issue connecting to the financial institution, are you encountering this issue when connecting via Express Web Connect or Direct Connect?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• joemco

The issue starts when I try to setup Direct Web Connect. It always comes back with an error of invalid credentials. Which I know is because Salem Five Bank requires a username, user ID and password and Quicken only allows for username and password. I have downloaded the QFX file from the bank but when I attempt to import it into Quicken I receive this message: "Quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution information for this download. Please try again later."

As for Express Web Connect, I don't see that option. Can you direct me to it?

Thank you

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @joemco,

To access Express Web Connect, first select Salem Five Bank - Online Banking in our bank list, and click Advance Options as shown below.

Click Continue on the following screen. After that, you will then see the option to select a download method. Express Web Connect will be first on the list and should already be selected. Click Next to be taken to the login screen.

Please note, that it appears it will again only ask you for the username and password. Therefore, I do suggest that you try both Express Web Connect and Direct Connect when going through advanced options and see if either connection method will accept you using just the username and password to connect.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• joemco

Thank you for all of that Anja, however it did not work. I even tried setting up the account again and importing the qfx file in after downloading it from the bank and still get the error message "Quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution information for this download"

Any other suggestions I can try?

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @joemco,

We will be forwarding this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.