Coinbase - April 19

I am writing about a known issue - that Coinbase balances report as $0.

This was reported in APRIL, and the report blithely states that "we are working with the appropriate parties", that the issue has been "escalated internally", and that "our teams continue to work towards a solution".

With all due respect, that is B.S.! Developing around. an issue like this doesn't take three months! Why don't they simply say "this is not a priority for us and we have not intention of ever resolving it"?

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 5 Answer ✓

With all due respect, that is B.S.! Developing around. an issue like this doesn't take three months! Why don't they simply say "this is not a priority for us and we have not intention of ever resolving it"?

Quicken doesn't handle the connectivity; connectivity is handled by Intuit under contract to Quicken, and of course, by each financial institution. So Quicken is at the mercy of those other "appropriate parties" to fix connectivity issues. I'm sure Quicken would like to see it resolved as much as you would, but it's largely out of their control. What we don't know — and will never know — the details behind what's going on. Perhaps Intuit is backlogged. Perhaps they have requested help/cooperation from Coinbase to create a functional screenscape, and Coinbase hasn't been cooperating or is dragging their feet. For instance, to test their code, Intuit needs a test account loaded with test transactions to log into, which requires the financial institution to cooperate. (Resolving Quicken connectivity issues is typically at or near the bottom of the priority list for financial institution IT departments.)

I understand it's frustrating to see this drag on. (It's been 6 weeks since that alert was posted, not three months.) But it doesn't mean Quicken has "no intention of ever resolving it", and their explanation is not "BS". Quicken is a small company, and working with more than 10,000 financial institutions means they are reliant on other to make those connections work. Most connectivity works, most of the time; but all the time, some are broken. I'm not saying it's a great system, just explaining why it is what it is.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 5 Answer ✓

Quicken doesn't handle the connectivity; connectivity is handled by Intuit under contract to Quicken, and of course, by each financial institution. So Quicken is at the mercy of those other "appropriate parties" to fix connectivity issues. I'm sure Quicken would like to see it resolved as much as you would, but it's largely out of their control. What we don't know — and will never know — the details behind what's going on. Perhaps Intuit is backlogged. Perhaps they have requested help/cooperation from Coinbase to create a functional screenscape, and Coinbase hasn't been cooperating or is dragging their feet. For instance, to test their code, Intuit needs a test account loaded with test transactions to log into, which requires the financial institution to cooperate. (Resolving Quicken connectivity issues is typically at or near the bottom of the priority list for financial institution IT departments.)

I understand it's frustrating to see this drag on. (It's been 6 weeks since that alert was posted, not three months.) But it doesn't mean Quicken has "no intention of ever resolving it", and their explanation is not "BS". Quicken is a small company, and working with more than 10,000 financial institutions means they are reliant on other to make those connections work. Most connectivity works, most of the time; but all the time, some are broken. I'm not saying it's a great system, just explaining why it is what it is.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.