remove autofill ".00" when the app changes focus (Q Mac)

Options

When I type an amount and tab back and forth between applications Quicken appends ".00" to an amount that I had typed. This is non-standard behavior comparing other applications.

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please give a detailed example of that. Including what type of account and what you're toggling to/from. Because I haven't heard of or experienced such.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 5
    Options

This might be another thing that's different in Windows. In QMac if I start entering a transaction amount:

and then click outside the Quicken app to shift focus away from Quicken:

The transaction is still open for editing, but the amount is filled out just as if I had tabbed out of the amount column to a different column.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Jon Just tested this. Did not appear in the Linked Checking Account from my taxable brokerage … but DID happen in a real checking account.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

It does seem like a kind of trivial problem, because how often do you change focus before finishing typing an amount. But there are cases where it could be problematic. Say, for example, you got an email with a transaction that you need to enter in Quicken. You look at the email and memorize the payee, description and amount. You flip over to Quicken and enter everything from memory, but when you get to the amount, you remember it was 24-something, but forgot the cents. So you flip back to email, look at the cents, then come back to Quicken only to find .00 has been recorded. #firstworldproblems

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s