Why is Quicken not including one particular stock downloaded from Wells Fargo?

Jan S
Jan S Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I've never had this problem before. However, about a month ago I started getting a message that my Quicken data and downloaded data do not agree. Quicken is showing 0 shares of a particular stock, but my Wells Fargo account includes that stock.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you, previously, created the security in Q? Does it show in the Security List (TOOLS, Security List)? Have you previously recorded a BUY (or an "Add Shares") or this security?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Jan S

Yes, the security exists in my Security List, and Wells Fargo has purchased and sold shares of this security within more than one account I hold. It's just not showing up in a Roth IRA account I have. I just ignore the error message each time it pops up, but it's annoying and frustrating, and I don't like that this keeps happening.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

What security, so we can attempt to replicate? And the exact error message is?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Quicken Windows Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭

if you display the Security Detail screen -
    does the stock show up as listed in all the accounts ?

OR - do you happen to have that Roth IRA Account Details checkmarked as [x] Keep Separate ?

• Jan S

It is listed in all the other accounts. And nothing is marked keep separate.

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta

@Jan S it seems like there are transactions for that security that are missing in your Roth account in Quicken. I would go through transaction history in your online account with Wells Fargo and manually add them to your Roth account in Quicken. Once that is done, your WF Roth account and Quicken should be in sync, and going forward, you won't be getting that message.

• Jan S

Thanks! I'll do that.

This discussion has been closed.