investing total is positive rather than negative? NVDA split?

pamela77
pamela77 Member ✭✭✭

I am using quicken 7.7.1 on a Mac mini Sonoma 17.5. Yesterday all my investing accounts were negative, but the total of the investments is showing a positive number instead of a negative total number. I have updated my Mac and quicken. I have restarted quicken and my Mac . Even thought I like the positive number better it is incorrect😏. The error persists today showing a gain instead of a loss. the amount is correct but the positive/negative is wrong.

Any ideas? Thank you

Best Answers

• Jon
    Jon Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 8 Answer ✓

If you own NVIDIA stock then things are confusing right now - stock prices have to be adjusted downward because of the split and your account has to have additional shares added, but those two things don't usually happen at the same time. I saw some folks on the Fidelity subreddit complaining about their portfolio values being off. I would expect things to be sorted out by tomorrow evening.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Quicken Windows Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 9 Answer ✓

just wait - my Schwab did the NVDA shares adjustment but didn’t do NVDA price adjustment at same time … also had not downloaded the changes to Quicken as yet - expect it will all get settled on Monday

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Which amount in your investing account is negative? And, shouldn't they ALL be positive … since you can't have a negative quote for a security. Zero, yes … but not negative. That would be saying, in effect, that you'd pay someone to take the security.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭

So, in the sidebar and at the top on the right each account shows a negative amount for yesterday. But the total in the sidebar is the correct number, that is it is the total of all the sub accounts in investing, but it is positive. If I click on investing in the side bar the number at the top right of the screen is positive, as if I had a total gain for the day.

• pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭

I just refreshed my screen and now the investing total gain for yesterday is showing as a number in the hundred thousands! and my net worth in inflated too!

• pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭

I think I have to call customer support on Monday

• pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭

I have been searching and I think the problem is that Nvidia did a stock split and quicken couldn't handle it. I'll have to figure out how to correct the transaction .

• Jon
    Jon Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 8 Answer ✓

If you own NVIDIA stock then things are confusing right now - stock prices have to be adjusted downward because of the split and your account has to have additional shares added, but those two things don't usually happen at the same time. I saw some folks on the Fidelity subreddit complaining about their portfolio values being off. I would expect things to be sorted out by tomorrow evening.

• pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭

Thank you Jacob! I'll just wait and see if quicken figures it out by Monday. Good to know though that my file isn't corrupted. Have a great weekend.

• pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭

Sorry , I meant to say thank you Jon!

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Quicken Windows Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 9 Answer ✓

just wait - my Schwab did the NVDA shares adjustment but didn’t do NVDA price adjustment at same time … also had not downloaded the changes to Quicken as yet - expect it will all get settled on Monday

This discussion has been closed.