Category by Month for year with Month columns left-to-right - no longer possible after recent update

Fletch200
Fletch200 Member ✭✭✭
edited July 13 in Reports (Windows)

What am I missing? Is there no longer a way to do this? I tried in the preview reporting and then switched back to the original since the new version requires me to use a magnifying glass to view the contents of the reports dialog.

Best Answer

• Richard Schreyer
    Richard Schreyer Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Use the spending by category report

Answers

• Richard Schreyer
    Richard Schreyer Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Use the spending by category report

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Fletch200 You're showing/comparing 2 different reports. I.E., an invalid comparison. How about showing us the Interest Income report in the new version?

And, WHICH new version? Do HELP, About Quicken to see your current Version.

Lastly, it looks to me like you've created customized reports … because my YTD Groceries report doesn't include "Groceries" in the title.

I'm currently on R56.9

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Fletch200
    Fletch200 Member ✭✭✭

Thank you both! I can't reproduce the issue at the moment but I had edited an old report to include some additional categories. Instead of saving it under a new name I replaced the older report - somehow before realizing the columns were not right. That alone seems dumb because I should have noticed that. So I switched back to old reporting, edited the one remaining old report that was similar with just different categories, adjusted the categories and saved it under a different name. But again, I'm unable to reproduce how I got into the original mess. I need to start recording my screen when I try anything new in Quicken!

In any event, 'spending by category' is what I was missing. Those reports were so old I'd forgotten what they were derived from.

This discussion has been closed.