Elan Financial CC-502 Again - Fidelity Credit Card

dwl1960
dwl1960 Member ✭✭✭

Receiving a CC-502 this morning trying to update Elan/Fidelity credit card (6/15/2024). It was fine yesterday morning.

There was a Quicken update this morning that I applied. Running R57.16 (Build 27.1.57.16)

Waiting to see if it resolves on its own.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

This is a now considered a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Same. Really hoping it does resolve bc the Fidelity CC is my main card.

• same here

• crab16
    crab16 Member ✭✭

same here

• Jeff Bean
    Jeff Bean Member ✭✭✭

I think the reason this is happening is because Elan has changed their primary login screen for the Fidelity Rewards Card. There used to be two buttons for logging in. The first would take you to the Fidelity Investments site where you would log in using your Fidelity credentials and could then view the credit card account among your other Fidelity accounts. The second button would login directly to the Elan/Fidelity Rewards account using the Elan credentials. The second button is has been replaced by a link that reads "If you do not have a Fidelity Investments account please log in here." If you clink the link you can access the same direct login screen as before. They really want you to access your account through the Fidelity Investments web site, but Quicken doesn't know how to do that.

• Tammy Borgnis
    Tammy Borgnis Member ✭✭✭

I am getting a CC-502 for Elan Financial Services as well. Please fix this Quicken.

• CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭

Started today, Sat 6/15/24, around 6AM MST. There is a history this year with this problem.😕

B) Windows 11 Home / Quicken Premier Subscription - Quicken user since the last century

• Tammy Borgnis
    Tammy Borgnis Member ✭✭✭

I am getting a CC-502 error trying to download my Elan credit card transactions this morning. I have tried resetting my account but Quicken can't even connect to Elan to verify my credentials.

Please fix this.

• michaelweinberg
    michaelweinberg Member ✭✭✭

I'm having the same issue. Is there a way we should report this problem directly to Quicken?

• Tammy Borgnis
    Tammy Borgnis Member ✭✭✭

Same issue here this morning. CC-502 error, can't even reset or readd my account because Quicken can't verify my Elan credentials.

• charlieb2
    charlieb2 Member ✭✭

Got CC-502 last night, still getting it today. NOT good! Please fix, Quicken

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

You can read more about this error code in this Support Article: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-updating-accounts-cc-502/ .

The message I got was that Elan's website (for at least the port Quicken uses to connect) is not available at this time. It usually means the financial institution is doing system maintenance which is not uncommon on weekends. If OSU, Update Now and Reset Account do not work, there is nothing we or Quicken can do fix this because it is not a Quicken-caused issue. Try doing OSU or Update Now later today or tomorrow. If the issue still exists on Monday after the financial institutions open for business, then there might be another issue with Quicken's and/or Intuit's (the aggregator) server that Quicken will need to address.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R58.9 on Windows 11

• Robert
    Robert Member ✭✭✭

me too

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello All,

We will be forwarding this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited June 15

I just logged into my online Elan account and had no problem accessing it but I also saw a message there that they are updating their site. The Support Article for the CC-502 error code states "…you may be able to log into the bank's website successfully and still receive this error in Quicken."

• adolcar
    adolcar Member ✭✭

Not sure if the problem with R57.16 is just with Elam, but now none of my credit cards are synchronizing after this morning update to this version. I did sync some of the credit card yesterday with no issues, but now everything keeps frozen synching, with no options to stop the process, other that terminate the process.

• Tammy Borgnis
    Tammy Borgnis Member ✭✭✭

I don't think that is the issue. I can login to my account on Elan's website just fine. The issue is with Quicken.

• Boatnmaniac

Did you read the Support Article? It says that when this error code occurs we can sometimes log into our online account just fine but that the server that Quicken/Intuit communicates with is not accessible….and that is usually due to system maintenance that the financial institution is doing.

I logged into my Elan account this morning, too, and saw a message there that they are updating their site. That means they are doing some sort of system maintenance or upgrade.

I've been a Quicken user for over 14 years and can tell you that in most cases it is an issue caused, whether planned or unplanned, by the financial institution. When it occurs on a weekend it is a very strong indication that it is a planned action by the financial institution.

Of course, it could be a Quicken issue but that would be a odd exception to the norm when getting this error code.

• Boatnmaniac

OK, I think I'm beginning to change my opinion on this. I just tried to run OSU, again, on all of my accounts and all accounts failed to complete. No error codes.

I tried to reset my Elan account and it failed with the CC-502 error code. It also deleted my EWC connection with Elan.

I dug into it further and found that my OSU last night did not update any EWC nor EWC+ accounts. No error code was received last night, as well.

It sure does appear that perhaps Quicken and/or Intuit are having a problem but I the inconsistency about this for me is that my OSU this morning did update all of my accounts except for Elan.

• Boatnmaniac

OK, I think I'm beginning to change my opinion on this and am now thinking this is not just an issue with Elan. I just tried to run OSU, again, on all of my accounts and all accounts failed to complete. No error codes.

I tried to reset my Elan account and it failed with the CC-502 error code. It also deleted my EWC connection with Elan.

I dug into it further and found that my OSU last night did not update any EWC nor EWC+ accounts. No error code was received last night, as well.

It sure does appear that perhaps Quicken and/or Intuit are having a problem but an inconsistency about this for me is that my OSU this morning did update all of my accounts except for Elan.

And, no, I do not think this is an issue with updating to R57.16. I am still running R55.26 and I am encountering these issues, too.

• batguano
    batguano Member ✭✭
    edited June 15

Online update of my Fidelity Visa account failed with CC-502 today. Updating via transaction download from the Fidelity site corrupted my Quicken account data so I had to restore a backup. Transaction download from the Elan Financial site worked fine and now all is OK and up to date.

• Boatnmaniac

I just ran OSU on 3 different data files. All DC, EWC and EWC+ accounts updated properly….except for Elan (Fidelity Visa) which returned the CC-502 error code.

• JohnWells
    JohnWells Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 15

I also have not been able to connect to Elan with CC-502 error. As has been stated in the article it is an Elan problem with their server's Quicken port. Has nothing to do with you or I being able to login to Elan over the web. Patience my friend! It should be resolved on or before Monday some time. In the mean time you can do a transaction download from Elan online and import to Quicken desktop app. Be careful with possible duplicates. Only download date range that overlaps your last synced transactions by a day or two. Good luck!

• vnolin11
    vnolin11 Member ✭✭

I used the "Fidelity & Retirements " connection in a test file instead of the "Elan Financial" connection and it was successful.

• Tammy Borgnis
    Tammy Borgnis Member ✭✭✭

Funny how you changed your opinion after tearing into me for saying that it was a Quicken issue. This is the same company that let an issue remain unresolved for over 4 months where the online balance for Elan was completely wrong. So forgive me if I have zero faith in Quicken resolving this situation in a timely manner.

• JHM44!
    JHM44! Member

FWIW I've been getting error messages (502) since yesterday and I'm able to log into the Elan visa site just fine with no warnings about maintenance.

• Boatnmaniac

Sorry that you felt I was "tearing into" you. That was not my intent. I did ask if you had read the Support Article because your prior post seemed to indicate that you had not. But, no, I was not "tearing into" you.

The only reason why I changed my tune earlier was because I was intermittently getting no updates for any EWC and EWC+ accounts since beginning last night when I would run OSU. That indicates a Quicken and/or Intuit server issue. So, I had assumed that maybe it was all tied together. However, that now does not appear to be the case because for the last 4-1/2 hours I have been able to update all accounts in seven different data files successfully….with one exception and that is Elan which is still returning that CC-502 error code.

I've also logged into my Elan account again and it still has messages there saying they are updating their site so, yeah, it is most likely an Elan server issue caused by them doing some sort of maintenance or upgrade.

If indeed this is an Elan server maintenance issue, then I have zero faith in Quicken resolving it, as well…..because there is nothing Quicken can do to resolve it. Only Elan can do that.

Fortunately, a Moderator has posted elsewhere that this issue has been pushed to the appropriate people in Quicken to be looked into to see if there is anything they can or need to do.

Now, if you want to stop the Elan issues from affecting you there is something you can do: Change your connection from Elan Financial Services to Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts. All of the issues Elan has been experiencing since last September (including that dropped cents Online Balance issue that still occasionally pops up) entirely go away.

• Boatnmaniac

I stopped using the Elan Financial Services connection (except in test files) several months ago because of all the problems with it. Since February I've been using the Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts connection and it has been very reliable and problem-free. I think you will be very pleased with it.

• JWin
    JWin Member ✭✭

The Fidelity Rewards credit card doesn't even show up with my other Fidelity accounts so how are you using the the Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts connection to download your credit card transactions?

• Kathy9
    Kathy9 Member ✭✭

Hello Boatnmaniac - Elan Financial Services is the credit card Fidelity Investments uses. I have to download both my Fidelity Investment accounts (which does not download the Elan credit card information) and my credit card information from Elan Financial Services. I don't think changing the connection from Elan Financial Services to Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts will work. Has that worked for you?

• Tushar Talele
    Tushar Talele Member ✭✭

Similar to folks above, I started have connection issues starting June 15, 2024. I can log into Elan's website with the same credentials.

This discussion has been closed.