wiped laptop

brsomers
brsomers Quicken Windows Other Member
edited July 25 in Reports (Windows)

My laptop recently crashed and Dell had to wipe my machine and reinstall the Operating System. I am a long-term customers of Quicken, not very techie, but need help getting Quicken back on my system. Please advise.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

How did you install Q most recently? Via disk, or download? In either event, repeat that process, which will get you back the program.

RE: your data, I hope that you've got a recent backup that was saved to something OTHER than your hard drive. Simply use FILE, View/Restore Backups.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jeeper
    jeeper Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭

more important - do you have any backups of your various laptop data - docs, photos,, data, software, etc -
    If so - you can just copy some of those /Document/ folders back onto the new disk…. just for the data -

For Quicken - if you were using the latest Subscription -
    you can merely go to the Quicken website, log into your Quicken ID and download the current version.
    or - download & install from the manual update on the Quicken Support webpage -

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product/

This discussion has been closed.