Securities Comparison Mismatch problem

Stuart Boyle
Stuart Boyle Member ✭✭✭
edited August 3 in Investing (Windows)

As can be seen below, the number of shares reported (by the broker) matches that in the account overview but NOT in securities comparison mismatch window. When I enter a transaction to record the new shares the "Shares in Quicken" does not change. I have run super validation of the file.

Comments

• jeeper
    jeeper Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭

do you have the Target fund in only a single account ?
    does it exist in any other Quicken account ?

The Security List detail will report on ALL accounts that hold the security - and even mention the name of the accounts.
    The mis-match report is for a specific account from the brokerage.

• Stuart Boyle
    Stuart Boyle Member ✭✭✭

The Target Fund is only in a single account. Further, when I enter a transaction to buy an additional 125.8893 shares, the "Shares in Quicken" does not change.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

It sounds like there may be a Placeholder that is affecting the share balance.

Got to Edit > Preferences > Investing and check to Show hidden transactions box to make sure Placeholders are not hidden.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Stuart Boyle
    Stuart Boyle Member ✭✭✭

No, that doesn't look like it.

• Stuart Boyle
    Stuart Boyle Member ✭✭✭

I'm starting to figure-out the problem. When I enter shares in Quicken, "Shares in Quicken does not change" but if I wait and come back to to it later, maybe the next day, "Shares in Quicken" has changed. So I think it might not like that I'm reconciling on the same day as the transaction. So next time I get this problem, I will go back and edit the transaction for a day early and see it that solves the problem.

This discussion has been closed.