Can't open Quicken once subscription is done

Sam411
Sam411 Quicken Windows Other Member

Why won't my software open once my subscription is done. It says to download and install again once my subscription is over but I have done everything is says but it won't open? This is frustrating! We run a property rental business and I depend on this software. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 30

Did "done everything" include reinstalling Quicken? What steps did you take to do that?

Were you running a recent version of Quicken when you subscription expired? What Edition - Starter, Deluxe, etc.?

What happens when you try to open Quicken? Do you get a blank screen? An error message?

After your subscription expires you should be able to open your data file, make manual entries, and run reports, but a large portion of your screen will be stuck with a message reminding you to renew and all online services will be disabled.

I edited the title of your post to clarify the issue.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

You should be able to run Quicken once the subscription has expired but it must be for the version that you had installed when it expired. If what you did was to download the current version of Quicken and install that but you were actually running an earlier version of Quicken, then the current version of Quicken will install but you will not be able to run it.

You may find this Support Article helpful: https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has/ .

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R59.10 on Windows 11

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course another option would be to renew your subscription, then you should be able to download and run the current version.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.