Three ideas: year to end-of-last-month; automated budget export; import support

ericg
ericg Member ✭✭✭✭

New Date Range -- Year To End-Of-Last-Month

This was a feature in (now) ancient version of Quicken for MacOS and I would like to see it return. I have been missing it for around a decade now.

When creating a report, I can select the Date Range "Year To Date" which will include all of the transactions for the current year to the current date. However, I would like to only include transaction to the end of last month.

Why? Because all of those transition have been reconciled, etc. and nothing will be changing.

——

New Shortcut - Export a full budget to a CSV

I would like to see a MacOS shortcut added which would allow me to export a full budget to a CSV. 

I am not talking about the macOS feature of adding keyboard shortcuts via System Settings -> Keyboard -> Keyboard Shortcuts -> App Shortcuts. This does not solve my problem because it still requires me to manually select the budget to export before using the shortcut.

With the Apple Shortcut I am referring to, I could use Apple's automation features to script the selection and export of a budget. I suggest passing this request by one of your macOS software engineers familiar with Apple's automation features like Automator or Apple's Shortcuts app. I want to be able to automate the export of a full budget to CSV.

For detailed information, please take a look at https://support.apple.com/guide/shortcuts-mac/intro-to-shortcuts-apdf22b0444c/mac and https://developer.apple.com/videos/all-videos/?q=shortcut

——

I would like a well defined and documented way to import financial data. My financial institution does not provide OFX or QFX files. Nor can I create an electronic connection to download the transactions automatically. I cannot find any documentation on create my own mint.com compatible CSV files. I cannot find any documentation on creating an OFX or QFX file that Quicken will import. I can obtain the transactions from my financial institution as a CSV file. I only need to know how to transform that data into something Quicken can import.

Comments

• Jon
    Jon Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 30

For the last one, this thread has some documentation of the Mint CSV format.

For the report export idea, you already submitted that as a product idea last year, including both of the links that you posted again here.

For the date range suggestion, you posted that last year also and it got merged into this product idea thread.

• ericg
    ericg Member ✭✭✭✭

I would love to see that Mint CSV format that quicken supports formally documented. Hopefully that can happen at some point or some official import solution can be provided.

This discussion has been closed.