Quicken Classic Mac - Can I have accounts in different currencies? [Edited]

Marcov
Marcov Quicken Windows Other Member ✭✭
edited August 3 in All Things Canadian (Mac)

Quicken Classic Mac - Can I have accounts in different currencies, e.g. one in CAD and one in US?

Answers

• Jon
    Jon Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

You can. You'll need to create the account first, then go into Account Settings for that account and change the currency.

However, you will find that multiple currencies are not fully integrated throughout Quicken Mac. For example, the Dashboard will only show one currency at a time; same with reports.

• Marcov

Will the Dashboard show all accounts, each account in its own currency?
    Say I have bank account 1 in CAD, bank account 2 in USD, Investment account 1 in CAD, and Investment account 2 in USD -

will the Dashboard the for accounts or only 2 at a time, either CAD or USD?

• Jon
    Jon Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited July 1

If you have accounts in multiple currencies, you can only select one of them for the Dashboard and it will show the accounts & transactions that are in that currency.

So yes, if you have 2 accounts in US$ and 2 account in CAN$, you'll only see 2 accounts at a time on the Dashboard depending on which currency you select at the top of the Dashboard.

The total at the bottom of the account sidebar will show you the total value of all accounts in your home currency (selected on the general tab in Quicken Settings); any accounts in a different currency will be converted to your home currency & included in the total.

• Marcov

Oh, that's what I would expect. Thanks!

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Also note that you can't have multiple currencies in the same account in Q … even if your brokerage shows it that way.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.