Reports w/i Exclusion Capabilities

JoelC
JoelC Quicken Canada Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

Apologies in the event that this has been raised before or elsewhere.

I have running a number of reports recently as part of my companies' year-end in process.

It would be very helpful to be able to run reports that exclude specific tags.

In advance of someone responding that this is already available by specifying the tasks to include, this will not work in my situation (i.e., I have two companies - Company 1 and Company 2 - and when using tags they are for example Company 1:HST and Company 2:HST).

In the end I want to run reports for each company that excludes the HST tag but at present this is not possible (at least as I understand things) because the HST tags transactions are still included because of the Company 1 and Company 2 tags.

Look forward to the responses and solution (and hope it is not a limitation of the reporting process).

Thank you,

Joel

Tagged:

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2

You could try entering ~HST in the Tag contains box. According to the Help, that should exclude all transactions the have HST anywhere in the Tag field.

If that doesn't do what you want, you will probably have to export the report to Excel and filter it there.

QWin Premier subscription
  • JoelC

@Jim_Harman , YOU 'DA MAN! The ~HST worked perfectly! Huge thanks, though I do wish this was a bit more obvious to all!

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Just for reference, for Quicken for Windows:
    More information about filtering reports and graphs is available here:
    https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216908

• JoelC

@UKR , awesome and thank you!

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭

Slick solution… I was unaware of that wildcard character feature.

This discussion has been closed.