User ID Required for One Step Update

tneck
tneck Member ✭✭

One step update is always requiring me to enter my Quicken user ID and password the after I open Quicken. If I keep Quicken open and do subsequent updates, it does not require the user ID, but if I close Quicken, the user ID and password will be required again for one step update the next time I open it. This has been going on intermittently for many months. I have tried many of the fixes suggested elsewhere such as validating the file and signing in as a different user, but the issue persists. This never used to be a requirement, is this the new intended functionality or is there a permanent workaround to avoid having to enter my user ID and password every time?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Look at EDIT, Preferences, Startup to see what "Startup Actions" are selected.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• tneck
    tneck Member ✭✭

Under Edit → Preferences → Startup:

"Download transactions when Quicken starts" is NOT selected.

"Password required when Quicken starts" is Yes (I assume this is for when the file is initially opened).

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

What is the EXACT sequence of events? Because it sounds like the sign-on password (file password) is being requested … not an OSU password since subsequent downloads aren't requesting it.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• tneck
    tneck Member ✭✭

Sequence:

1. Open Quicken
    2. Enter file password (NOT user ID password) to open file
    3. Launch One Step Update
    4. Screen pops up requesting to enter Quicken ID, then password

If I keep Quicken open and do another update, it does not ask for the ID again, but if I close it and open it later it will ask for it again. It never used to be like this. I have seen other discussions about this issue, none of the suggested fixes have worked.

• tneck
    tneck Member ✭✭

This morning I initiated the One Step Update from Tools → One Step Update… pull down, and it did not happen. Normally I use the Update Accounts circular arrow button on the sidebar. i will keep monitoring to see if the behavior is consistent.

• tneck
    tneck Member ✭✭

Scratch that, this morning Tools → One Step Update… resulted in the User ID being required, so there is some intermittency. Any advice would be appreciated.

• cdennett
    cdennett Member ✭✭✭

Same issue here. I think mine started with the update from the end of July.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭

Just so people know, there isn't a requirement to have to constantly enter the Quicken Id password. The fact that you have to do so is some kind of bug. I haven't had to enter my Quicken Id password (except when testing for switching Quicken Ids) in a very long time.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Please download and install the latest Manual Patch file for Release 58.9 from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product to ensure your Quicken software is up to date and correctly installed.
    The problem with having to logon to the Quicken ID every day has gone away since I updated my Quicken program.

This discussion has been closed.