Existing renaming and quick fill rules not working (Q Mac)

suecarternew
suecarternew Quicken Mac Subscription Member

I have submitted my sanitized file to Quicken Help to help resolve. I've been told at the Quickent help desk to delete and reenter renaming and quick fill rules because my data file must be corrupt or have other issues. I have 627 quick fill rules. This will take forever to reenter. I'm thinking there must be someone who knows how to reactivate these rules without me having to delete and reenter them while I wait for Quicken to see my sanitized file and correct the problem.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Curious …

I have 627 quick fill rules.

Why do you need to use so many Quickfill Rules? Is there a particular reason?

As a Quicken Windows user myself, I only have 6 Renaming Rules and less than 100 Memorized Transactions.

Out of curiosity, I would like to see some of those Mac Quickfill rules and what they are supposed to achieve. Are they really still needed to cover future new transactions during download from the banks?
    A couple of image snapshots might help the community's Mac experts come up with suggestions.
    How do I post a screenshot in the community from a mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG or JPG only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• suecarternew

Almost every payee that I have comes in from the bank download with a long name of dates and numbers and I rename to just the payee without all the extra characters. Then I thought with the short brief payee name the quick fill would work more easily.

I'll look and see why i have 627 quick fill rules …. Some of the payees might be duplicates, I'll check before I upload screen shots

• suecarternew

Why do all these payees appear I got the unique characters greyed out

• suecarternew

I have 6,791 payees.

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If reading these two articles only leaves you more confused, perhaps someone from Quicken Support or one of the expert Mac users here in the community can help you.

https://help.quicken.com/display/MAC/Adding+renaming+rules

https://help.quicken.com/display/MAC/Adding+QuickFill+rules

As a Q Windows user myself I can only guess that you need to define a single Renaming Rule to both rename newly downloaded future and already existing "AT and T UVERSE PAYMENT etc." payee names to a single payee name, e.g., "AT&T Phone Bill".
    Repeat for other payee names of similar structure.
    You may also want to verify your settings in Preferences about automatically creating these rules for new payee names. That's where, IMHO, the huge number of entries in your file originates from …

This discussion has been closed.