Quicken not keeping correct banking balance & Register Columns

Dan0311
Dan0311 Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I have deleted my Quicken file probably 5 times now, and had to restart a new file, which is getting past annoying. I have the Quicken Classic Premier (VR57.26), and running Windows 10 Pro. First of all, I would create the new file, run a bank download (update), and wow the balances are the same! Then I login the following day, and it's off by $2-300! WTH! So I check everything down to the last decimal on anything I may have done. I can't find the issue, so tonight I will AGAIN create a new file, and this time, I will leave all the categories alone, the reminders alone, manual bills alone, tags alone, checking off the show pending transactions alone, or anything ALONE. If I get the same results tomorrow, either Navy Federal is playing psyops on me, or Quicken is not the purchase I should have made.

Secondly, I have customized the register to include 3-4 extra columns, as I like to see what's going on. If I shut her down, the next time I open her up, that customized register? GONE. Oh yeah, I have tried the repair file bit, does nothing. Anyone have suggestions? Thanks

Comments

• splasher
    splasher Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Check to make sure that the Opening Balance transaction in the register is not being changed. Do you have Quicken Cloud Account turned on when you create the data file so that you can use QMobile/Q-Web? I wouldn't do it, it has the ability to mess things up royally.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Dan0311
    Dan0311 Quicken Windows Subscription Member

No, the opening stays same, but each time I look at my last retirement deposit, the running balance and ending ALWAYS changes! If the Cloud Account is causing this, and yes, I had that enabled, then this company needs to get on the ball and fix the issues! I will be reaching out to their customer service today, so with hope they'll say, oh yeah, that's a known issue, here's the fix sir. :O

• splasher
    splasher Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

IMO, the fix is to NOT activate the Cloud Account. It works great for some users and messes up the data file for others. I don't know if it is dependent on which financial institutions they are connecting to that causes the issue for some and not others.

Hopefully, CS will be able to solve your issue.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• JWH-01
    JWH-01 Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I have the same issue with Quicken Classic Premier, version R57.26. The ledger balances are NEVER correct. The bottom of the screen "online balance" is correct. Like you, I created a new file several times hoping to fix this. It didn't work.

I've been a Quicken customer since the '90's. I probably won't be renewing the subscription when mine is due. Quicken serves no purpose anymore since I have to duplicate the effort and manually enter the data anyway in an Excel file to track things accurately.

• gd taylor
    gd taylor Quicken Windows Subscription Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    edited July 13

[removed-violation of community guidelines]

This discussion has been closed.