What is the procedure for keeping Desktop and Cloud passwords in sync?

Whenever I change my pw in the cloud, I am no longer able to sync with my desktop. There is no place that I can find to enter my new pw on the desktop. All I get is a message saying Sync is not available and to wait at least 10 minutes before trying again. After 4 weeks, I find that error message is not particularly helpful.

I do not have a password on the file at my desktop, BTW.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I have always felt that it is best, if not important, to make sure the logins for the Quicken app and for QWeb are the same. I do not know if this the following will resolve the issue you are currently having but it will get both your QWin app and your QWeb logins set up the same.:

To get them all into sync with each other:

1. Log into your Quicken.com account > Sign in & Security > change Password: Change the PW there to match PW you now use for QWeb. You will now need to use this PW to be able to use your QWin desktop application.
    2. Open your QWin desktop application. You should be prompted to sign into Quicken. Do so using your Quicken ID and your new Quicken.com PW.

Now all 3 will be using the same PW. If you want to update your PW in the future, start with updating the PW for your Quicken.com online account and then follow that up by updating your QWin and QWeb PW's.

Does this also resolve your Sync issue?

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R58.9 on Windows 11

This discussion has been closed.