All my data, transactions are gone and Windows crashing

RFoster
RFoster Quicken Windows Other Member ✭✭

I have been using Quicken Premier for Windows - PC (version R57.20) for over 20 year. However, I have not signed into my quicken account for a while until today (7/21/2024)only to find the account balances listed in the Accounts bar, but all transactions for all bank accounts and investments are gone. The home page is blank, All other pages look like Quicken was not set up. In addition, the application keeps crashing, within 1 - 5 minutes. The last time I entered, the first account in the list opened, but the ending balance was wrong and looked like deposits had never ben entered.

Help! Is this a known problem, and if so, how can it be corrected? I need to enter weeks worth of transactions and prepare reports for my accountant.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

You've got so many issues that I strongly recommend that you contact Q Support via the link at the top of this page. DON'T Google for Q Support as there are many scammers who pretend to be Q Support.

Let Support share your screen (they can look, but not touch) to see what's happening.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• RFoster
    RFoster Quicken Windows Other Member ✭✭

I noticed this morning that the qw.exe access was blocked each time I tried to log in yesterday.

This morning I gave access to the file and now everything is visible and working. I hope I didn't cause a bigger problem.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

That would completely explain your issue. Thanks for the follow-up.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP