PDF driver cannot be found ERROR MESSAGE on Windows 11 ARM

mikeweberatl
mikeweberatl Member ✭✭✭✭

I am getting this error message trying to export a report to PDF. I am running Quicken for Windows R57.26 on Windows 11 ARM (Virtual Machine on a Mac.)

The PDF driver cannot be found.
To restore it please make sure you are in admin mode
and run restorePdfDriver.bat from C.Program Files (x86)\Quicken\PdfDrv

I am able to get past this message and I am able to create my PDF using Printer "Microsoft Print to PDF" so my only issue is just having to see this error message every time.

Any one have a fix? I am guessing this is a Windows ARM Driver compatibility problem and Quicken just hasn't updated this feature for ARM. I did what the message told me to do - and it appeared to execute successfully - but nothing changed.

Comments

• jl747
    jl747 Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

You can try to reinstall the Quicken PDF driver.

Search for InstallPDFConverter.exe

I found it in the following location on my Windows 10 Pro

C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken\PDFDrv

See if that works.

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

• mikeweberatl
    mikeweberatl Member ✭✭✭✭

So, that InstallPDFConverter.exe is the same thing that the restorePdfDriver.bat is trying to run. Nothing happens when I run it because it's likely a Windows x86 driver not a Windows ARM driver. Although software for x86 Windows will run under Windows ARM, drivers usually need to be updated.

This PDF Converter is made by a company called Amyuni. Quicken would need to license the ARM driver from Amyuni and then update their installer to include it when the OS is detected as Windows 11 ARM.

As there's a Microsoft driver that seems to work fine, it would be nice if I could just get rid of the error message.

• jl747
    jl747 Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure about it not running under ARM.
    Only Quicken or someone else using an ARM system can answer you on that.

You can always tell it to print using Microsoft Print to PDF or install a stand alone PDF printer or if you use Acrobat Standard or Pro that should work.

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

In Windows Control Panel / Devices and Printers have you gone into Printer Properties for the Quicken PDF Printer?
    In there, under the Advanced tab, you'll find the name of the current driver module and a "New Driver" button.

Clicking on New Driver should take you to a dialog to install a new driver. IIRC, this goes directly to the Amyuni website. You might find an ARM driver there, to download and install … I hope …

• mikeweberatl
    mikeweberatl Member ✭✭✭✭

I can’t update the Quicken PDF driver because no driver was ever installed. Quicken doesn’t appear to include an ARM compatible driver.

I can print to PDF just fine with the driver Microsoft included, however I’m stuck with an error message from Quicken that takes an extra step to get past.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

Just use the Windows 11 PDF printer/driver instead of trying to use the third-party one that Quicken Windows provides.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • mikeweberatl
    mikeweberatl Member ✭✭✭✭

I’m doing that already. Would like to just get rid of the error message about the missing quicken driver that I get every single time.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

If you get that error message when even using the Windows PDF driver, then a suspect there isn't anything short of a bug fix from Quicken Inc that will stop that, and I doubt they will do that, but you can submit it as a bug.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.