Whats left is a large negative number

In my Stay on top of my monthly bills window on the Main View, Since the latest update it has caused this WHAT”S LEFT number to be a large negative number. Like over $10,000 negative for a monthly account.

Have gone through several postings trying suggestions including the both the Validate: and Super Validate: procedures suggested in one posting. Still having this issue

I do not Sync my files with the cloud and do not use downloaded information from my bank. Do not use mobile app of Quicken classic. In fact in the preferences area I do not even have a cloud account listed:

Any suggestions on how to get this back to the way it was before this springs update?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Mark

P.S. I understand the need to help improve security for financial data and maybe this springs update was suppose to do that? But after 30 years of using Quicken (since it was on 3 3.5" floppy disks), it just may be time for me to look for another way to do my finances? Excel spreadsheets are a pain (for me at least, LOL) but I may have to look into it.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Without knowing your income and expenses for the period, the graphics that you've shown are useless.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

You stated that you are doing everything offline, without downloading data from any banks.

Do all your account register balances match the latest available bank statement balances?

Are there any Scheduled Reminders that have been overlooked and have gone "Past Due" recently?

Are there any future Scheduled Reminders coming up within the next couple of weeks that will cause your balances to go down? For example, I have car and home insurance due this month and that will put a significant dent in my balances.

Did Validate complain about broken transfer transactions, to [Deleted Account], or similar?

• Mark M
    Mark M Member ✭✭✭

UKR

Thank you for your response.

Do all your account register balances match the latest available bank statement balances? YES

Are there any Scheduled Reminders that have been overlooked and have gone "Past Due" recently? NO

Are there any future Scheduled Reminders coming up within the next couple of weeks that will cause your balances to go down? NO, All of the big yearly expenses like insurance, property taxes, etc. have been paid for the year.

Did Validate complain about broken transfer transactions, to [Deleted Account], or similar? NO, it completed with no warnings or pop-ups after it finished. But I'll run them again just to be sure.

Again thank you for responding.

Mark

• Mark M
    Mark M Member ✭✭✭

Re-ran the validation and repair this morning and got the report:

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    No errors.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

[Sun Aug 25 09:25:04 2024]
    Maximum security reference: 219, number of securities: 219.

[Sun Aug 25 09:25:11 2024]
    Rebuilt investing lots.
    Analyzing securities.
    All security references are within the normal range.

Validation has completed.

• Mark M
    Mark M Member ✭✭✭

For NotACPA,

On the Main View in lower half it shows

When I click on the Risk of Overdraft it shows me this view:

So it is showing no risk of overdraft on the detail but yet it is still shows a -$ 19,282 on that lower Main View.

Mark

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

The "What's Left" amount usually looks at all your Spending Accounts, i.e., all Checking, Savings and Credit Card accounts.
    The Projected Balances view appears to be misconfigured to me. It only shows one account when, IMHO, it should be configured to show all your Spending Accounts.
    Please change the view to include all (or all your Spending Accounts), to give you a more complete view and perhaps show why there's a large negative amount

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 25

Maybe it's because, in your "Upcoming Bills" graphic, you're not showing ANY income items. That could well be caused by the "accounts" matter that @UKR mentioned. Because in "Projected Balances" it states "Multiple accounts"

• Mark M
    Mark M Member ✭✭✭

Appreciate the comments….

Putting in all accounts that has income and expenses (Checking, Savings and Credit Card accounts) on the graph portion, none of them show a negative number:

After adding in the other accounts to get the graphic above, the Main View, 'Stay on Top of Monthly Bills' no longer show a large negative balance. It now shows:

But when I click on the Risk of Overdraft, it only shows one account which is my main checking account. This does not show any negativity? The graph is as follows:

So where is the Risk of Overdraft? This is just confusing to me as to why is says Risk of Overdraft and there is none?

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Again, you're not comparing the same accounts in the same graph.

Apples and Oranges.

OR as prefer to say "Oranges and Orangutans"