Why are there unrecognizable mutual funds included on the "Porfolio" section of the "Investing" tab?

gwforit
gwforit Member ✭✭✭
edited September 7 in Investing (Windows)

There are two mutual funds included on the "Porfolio" section of the "Investing" tab that I don't recognize, which is contributing to the total $ value of my investments on the "Portfolio" section of the "Investing" tab being overstated when compared to the total "Investing" balance included with the list of 'accounts' on the left pane. Has anyone experienced this before?

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

In the Portfolio view, you can click on the CUSTOMIZE button that's just above the ledger and select what accounts you want to show, or not show.

My "keep separate …" accounts show here also … unless I Customize to not show them here.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 7

Are these funds ones that you held at one time and then sold, or have you never held them? Are the names of the funds reasonable, or are they gibberish?

Next to "Group by:" in the Portfolio view, select Accounts and find the mystery funds. This will show where Quicken thinks you hold these funds.

Compare the accounts and balances in the Portfolio view to those in the Accounts bar. What do you see?

Does it show that you hold small fractions of a share of these funds, or are the holdings significant?

Is it only the account(s) where these funds are held that disagree with the Account Bar?

Based on your answers, we can help diagnose and resolve this issue.

QWin Premier subscription
  • gwforit
    gwforit Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 7

Thanks for the quick response!

When I access "Group by" and select "Accounts" (which I never used before!), I see the investments are included in an account that I designated as "Keep this account separate - account will be excluded from Quicken reports and features" (see picture).

I have several investment accounts that I have designated this way (i.e., "Keep this account separate…").

For the accounts that I designated this way (i.e., "Keep this account separate…"), I now see some of them are properly excluded from the "Portfolio" view, while a few of them appear to be incorrectly included. This is a new issue because previously all of the accounts I designated as "Keep this account separate…" were propoerly excluded from the "Portfolio" view. Any thoughts what might be the issue?

Appreciate your help!

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

In the Portfolio view, you can click on the CUSTOMIZE button that's just above the ledger and select what accounts you want to show, or not show.

My "keep separate …" accounts show here also … unless I Customize to not show them here.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• gwforit
    gwforit Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 7

Perfect; that worked. Thank you very much!

This discussion has been closed.