Save a Changed Report - Overwrite Old

melissa100
melissa100 Member ✭✭
edited September 9 in Reports (Windows)

For years we've been able to make a report change and save it (either save over the old or save a copy w new name). Now, any changes must be saved as a new report b/c Quicken is saying "a report with that name already exists" - which it does. But I have shortcuts to reports on the toolbar and I just want to be able to update a report and not have to redo all shortcuts/toolbars, etc. How? Why did Quicken make this stupid change where we can't make a tweak to a report and save it?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• melissa100
    melissa100 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Thank you. That didn't work either. But I did find the solution - I had to find the report I was trying to save in the right column (My Save Reports on the left, no header on the right) - once I found the name of the current report, I clicked on that one and the report was saved successfully.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

What is your setting in Edit / Preferences / Reports and Graphs for "Customizing reports and graphs"?

• melissa100
    melissa100 Member ✭✭

Thank you. That is the setting in my Preferences. "modifies current report or graph." Also, when I try and save the report "add automatically update the report" - I've tried to check this but I still get the "a report with that name already exists in the folder. use a different report name…."

I don't even know what to look up to fix this. I've had the same settings for years so whatever this is, it's from a recent update and not from any settings I've changed.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 9

This may be a problem with the new report customization interface.

Try un-checking both boxes at Edit > Preferences > Early access, restart Quicken, and please let us know if that resolves the issue.

QWin Premier subscription
  • melissa100
    melissa100 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Thank you. That didn't work either. But I did find the solution - I had to find the report I was trying to save in the right column (My Save Reports on the left, no header on the right) - once I found the name of the current report, I clicked on that one and the report was saved successfully.

This discussion has been closed.