Stock Prices in Quicken Web vs Quicken for Windows

twillia1969
twillia1969 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I've started using the Quicken app for iOS as well as checking out Quicken on the Web. I've noticed that after several hours after the end of the stock market day, the quotes for my stocks do not match. What I see in Quicken for Windows matches what I find on the Internet at Yahoo Finance and Google. Today's end price for VTI was $262.92. However, the Quicken app for iOS and Quicken on the Web show a closing price of $262.75. Similar differences for other stocks I own. This is the case even after making sure that all my Quicken data files were in sync.

Is anyone else noticing this and have an explanation as to what's going on?

Thanks.

Best Answer

• twillia1969
    Answer ✓

Think I partially found the answer. In the settings for Quicken on the Web, there's an option to "Display Real-Time Quotes". With this turned ON, I'm getting a different number than what I see in Quicken for Windows. Assuming having this option turned on is giving me post-market close data, my own calculations don't match up. VTI closed at 262.92 but in after-market trading was down 0.12 (cents NOT percent) or 262.80 but not 262.75.

With the "Display Real-Time Quotes" option turned off, my stock quotes in the Quicken app for iOS, Quicken for the Web and Quicken for Windows are ALL the same.

Answers

• twillia1969
    Answer ✓

Think I partially found the answer. In the settings for Quicken on the Web, there's an option to "Display Real-Time Quotes". With this turned ON, I'm getting a different number than what I see in Quicken for Windows. Assuming having this option turned on is giving me post-market close data, my own calculations don't match up. VTI closed at 262.92 but in after-market trading was down 0.12 (cents NOT percent) or 262.80 but not 262.75.

With the "Display Real-Time Quotes" option turned off, my stock quotes in the Quicken app for iOS, Quicken for the Web and Quicken for Windows are ALL the same.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

Well, one thing I can say is that from the day the released the option for "real-time" prices to Quicken Windows people have complained that isn't giving them the prices they would expect. I really doubt that it is a useful feature except on your broker where you are about to trade.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.