Have A Problem With Cross Linked Transactions

saberman
saberman Member ✭✭✭

I have two accounts, Call them Account1 and Account2.

I have a reconciled transaction in Account1 that is linked to an unreconciled transaction in Account2. I also have a reconciled transaction in Account2 that is linked to an unreconciled transaction in Account1. The problem is they are all the same transaction.

I would like to end up with a reconciled transaction in Account1 that is linked to a reconciled transaction in Account2 with the two unreconciled transactions gone.

How do I do this? If I start to delete one of the unreconciled transactions Quicken complains that it is linked to a reconciled transaction. Can I safely delete the unreconciled transactions without affecting the reconciled ones?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You can safely delete the Reconciled transaction in either Account1 or Account2. You will get a popup message warning that you are about to delete a Reconciled transaction but just allow it to proceed. It will then delete the unreconciled transaction in the other account.

This will leave just 1 Reconciled transaction in one account that is linked to 1 unreconciled transaction in the other account. You can then manually change the status of the unreconciled transaction to reconciled.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R58.9 on Windows 11

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You can safely delete the Reconciled transaction in either Account1 or Account2. You will get a popup message warning that you are about to delete a Reconciled transaction but just allow it to proceed. It will then delete the unreconciled transaction in the other account.

This will leave just 1 Reconciled transaction in one account that is linked to 1 unreconciled transaction in the other account. You can then manually change the status of the unreconciled transaction to reconciled.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R58.9 on Windows 11

• saberman
    saberman Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 12

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.