Everbank - new website/connection

EverBank converted to a new website August 12th. Based on their instructions, I had disconnected Quicken from TIAA Bank this weekend. New connection to EverBank only permits manual download of transactions. Anyone successful in re-establishing automatic downloads?

Best Answers

• TCL Peter Rabbit
    TCL Peter Rabbit Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

According to EverBank, Quicken is no longer supported. I'll be closing my accounts soon.

• aultice
    aultice Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Just got off the phone with EverBank customer support; per the individual I talked with, they ARE continuing support of Quicken, but they are having a problem with transaction downloads due to the transition from TIAA. It is a known problem, they are working on it, and hope to have the fix rolled out soon. I did not ask for an ETA, but it sounded like it has a high priority.

• TCL Peter Rabbit
    Answer ✓

Just got it to work. Here's what I did. 1. Go to website. Even though I had agree to new terms etc it asked me to consent again. It then asked - again - to enroll in Zelle, etc to which I clicked on the do not ask me again box. I then logged out and back in until it didn't ask again. 2. Go to Quicken. Make sure financial institution name, account, etc are blank and save that (which I had done previously). 3. I then had to set up online access twice as first time didn't take.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @TCL Peter Rabbit,

I suggest reaching out to EverBank directly as the connection methods and information allowed and available for download do come directly from the financial institution and their servers. It is recommended to request to speak to a tier 2 agent or supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• TCL Peter Rabbit
    Answer ✓

According to EverBank, Quicken is no longer supported. I'll be closing my accounts soon.

• Same here. No way I'm doing this manually when there are so many other banks with good interest rates that also provide automated Quicken downloads.

• mikedr
    mikedr Member ✭✭

Did they say if it will become supported?

That's very disappointing. I've been banking with EverBank since 2007 (they were EverBank, then TIAA, and now EverBank again). Have both business and personal accounts with them.

- Mike.

• aultice
    aultice Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Just got off the phone with EverBank customer support; per the individual I talked with, they ARE continuing support of Quicken, but they are having a problem with transaction downloads due to the transition from TIAA. It is a known problem, they are working on it, and hope to have the fix rolled out soon. I did not ask for an ETA, but it sounded like it has a high priority.

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @aultice,

Thank you for coming to share this information with other users!

-Quicken Jasmine

• prpfeif
    prpfeif Member ✭✭

I Was able to login Everbank and download a qfx file and import it into quicken as a temp solution.

• evillama
    evillama Member ✭✭✭

I called Support also and the person on the phone said Quicken will NOT be supported by EverBank so not sure who's telling the truth. She said I'll need to download transactions manually.

Not happy since I just opened my account a month ago...

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello All,

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• pbmsmit
    pbmsmit Member ✭✭

I also called EverBank, the person told me also that there is NO support for automatic download after migration from TIAA, but you can download transactions as before (although she couldn't tell me how to do that….). I 'officially' complained and told her that I'll move my money to another bank if no quick solution (don't think that will help much because this is a deliberate step from EverBank). It is a bit weird because for the rest the EverBank web interface is almost 99% the same.

• pbmsmit
    pbmsmit Member ✭✭

Oh, and manual download seems to be per account, not one for all accounts……. didn't test it yet

• evillama
    evillama Member ✭✭✭

EverBank sent me a survey asking to rate my new account opening experience and I gave them low marks just because of this download issue. Stated the entire problem and said OK for someone to contact me about it. Mentioned that I may move to another more modern bank even if their savings rates are lower.

Who goes backwards in this day and age?

• pbmsmit
    pbmsmit Member ✭✭

Looks you got same survey as me, and i answered the same! Wonder they will call me. BTW several other High Yield online banks have limited (or no) Quicken support so EverBank is not the only one. But as you say "Going backwards, with less ervice, is not good"

• I'll trade some $ for not having to visit every Everbank account, every day, download a file, import the file. Its too much.

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello All,

Please be advised that we do now have an active alert regarding the transition from TIAA to EverBank. You may view the alert through here. It is recommended to bookmark the alert for all further updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

• pbmsmit
    pbmsmit Member ✭✭

@Quicken Jasmine The alert says that you are working to restore the connectivity to TIAA instances. That will not help us because the data is no longer on TIAA instances but on the EverBank instance that (according to EverBank) doesn't support automatic download. Don't get me wrong, I support what you're doing but EverBank must deliver the first step by allowing a quicken WebConnect interface (which should not be so difficult because they had it on TIAA).

• pbmsmit
    pbmsmit Member ✭✭

@martdave I assume you don't have daily transactions to your savings account, so you may only have to download once a month after interest date. But still it is a step backwards from YIAA, I agree it is too much.

• Loren Rex
    Loren Rex Member ✭✭
    edited August 17

This is what they said prior to the conversion which is a joke because it said to use an email address instead of a URL.: "If you use Quicken®, QuickBooks® or Credit Karma®1, you’ll need to re-establish the connection to your account by updating the address to everbank@ebankingservices.com."

• pbmsmit
    pbmsmit Member ✭✭

Updating where? I can only select a bank to connect to. EverBank Consumer

• cnchupp
    cnchupp Member ✭✭

According to this email I received from EverBank on August 6, they are planning to connect to Quicken. However, it doesn't currently connect for me, too.

• pbmsmit
    pbmsmit Member ✭✭

I got this too, but how do you do Step 4? There is no way to specify an email address to connect to. (And why doesn't anyone @EverBnk Support has any idea how to do this?) This is written by a non-technical sales @EverBank. BTW step 1 and 2 are obsolete, they were needed before the migration

• WhySoSlow
    WhySoSlow Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I just called into everbank customer service and the representative directed me to the august 9th email they sent out stating we are going to have you manually download qfx files. He had no clue about the automatic update process in quicken. If this was a high priority you'd think they would have advised the customer service representatives about the problem so they could at least advise customers that they are working on it. They say in some of the comments above that it is a high priority, but gauging it by their communication to their customer service people, it does not appear to really be one.

• pbmsmit
    pbmsmit Member ✭✭

"the august 9th email they sent out stating we are going to have you manually download qfx files." that was never mentioned! they gave instructions to put an email address in (still don't know where). The issue is that they had a fully functional Quicken automatic download before the migration, so you would expect they would keep that'. all the different reactions show they don't have a plan and the helpdesk don't know what to do

• gobuckeyes
    gobuckeyes Member ✭✭

I went thru and tried the everbank.com financial institution in Quicken and I successfully logged in and sync my Everbank account today. looks like they fixed the broken connection.

• pbmsmit
    pbmsmit Member ✭✭

Yes, it is working now with EverBank Consumer in Quicken. Not sure who fixed it (Quicken or EverBank) but they didn't tell the EverBank helpdesk because they still say they don't support and you need to migrate to Quickbooks……. Let's see if it keeps working.

• Can also confirm it's finally working!

• TCL Peter Rabbit
    edited August 20

Doesn't work for me using Everbank Consumer 😒

• TCL Peter Rabbit

still not working

• pbmsmit
    pbmsmit Member ✭✭

error code is on right side, CC-511? Mine is still working and get updates every day (I had some rebalancing transactions the last few days)

• Works for me.