Auto Reconcile After Reviewing Transactions?

Joseph Witkin
Joseph Witkin Member ✭✭✭✭

After downloading transactions with One Step Update, I always manually review the downloaded transactions. After accepting or manually matching the transactions that were not automatically matched, I click DONE.
My two Bank of America credit card accounts then mark all the downloaded transactions as Reconciled, and the window closes.
But my Ally Bank checking accounts present the window showing all outstanding transactions with check marks next to the matched ones, and the net balance of 0.00 - I have to click "FINISH" to close the window.
Why the different behavior? How can I get the checking accounts to also reconcile and close in one click after I review the transactions like the credit card accounts do?
Little thing, but driving me nuts! :)

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

When you do TOOLS, Account List, click EDIT adjacent to the Ally account and click the Online Services tab. Is "Reconcile using Online Balance", in the lower right corner, checked?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Joseph Witkin
    Joseph Witkin Member ✭✭✭✭

Yes, "Reconcile Using Online Balance" is checked for both checking accounts. I don't see any differences in the settings between the credit cards and the checking accounts.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭

Sort of sounds like some kind of bug to me.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.