Find Attachments

ArthurMac
ArthurMac Member
edited August 17 in Product Enhancements

I have a number of attachments but need a way to find one by name, either by one account or all accounts. What good is attachments if you can not find them.

Example, I attach a copy of my insurance policy (insurancehome2024.pdf)when I pay the yearly bill. If I need to find it I have to scroll through a year of entries on numerous accounts.

Can you just add attachments to the find feature under Quicken Find so we can look for it there?

Also, have a feature to allow for a search for a partial part of the file name. Ex %2024% would look for any attachments that have 2024 in them.

Thanks,

Arthur McCray

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 17

QWin does not retain the file names of attachments. It gives them new unrecognizable names such as 0F8D91CC.pdf, as you can see if you open an attachment for viewing.

You can sort a register by attachments if you have the Attachments column enabled in the register.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭

What good is attachments if you can not find them.

This is one of the many reasons that the SuperUsers don't recommend using attachments in Quicken.

Others are:

1. Makes file huge.
    2. Can't export more than one attachment at a time.
    3. Can't do any of the normal "file" operations you would normally expect (name, them, rename them, move them around)

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/