Alternate Views of Side Bar Account Balances (Q Mac)

Rhodester
Rhodester Member ✭✭
edited August 22 in Display/UI

I've recently had to take over my elderly parent's accounts (Checking, Savings, Investments, etc.) and loaded them onto Quicken for Mac with mine. Unfortunately, they are now mixed in with my own Checking, Savings, Investments, etc. accounts. It would be nice to have alternate views that show all accounts (current state) and then tag certain accounts based on "ownership" for example and then toggle between different views of ownership so the user could see all accounts and balances by "owner." Thanks for listening. How come Mac Classic Category is greyed out when submitting this idea?

1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

It probably would have been better to create a new, separate Quicken data file on your Mac and load/import your parent's accounts into this new file. Doing it this way allows you to keep your data independent of your parent's data and you can see a totally separate Account sidebar, separate reports, views, etc.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

I agree with @UKR about keeping your parents' accounts in a separate Quicken Mac data file. You can switch back and forth quickly and easily using File > Open Recent.

If there's some reason you don't want to do that, then this is what the "Keep Separate" feature is designed for. Mark your parents' accounts as "Separate" (in Account > Hide & Show Accounts, or by Control-clicking the account in the left sidebar and selecting "Keep Separate"). This will take those accounts and drop them to the bottom of your sidebar, separate from your personal accounts. This will also keep them separate from your own net worth in the sidebar and reports. (Note: you may need to visit Settings > Sidebar to make sure Separate accounts are checked to display in the sidebar.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993