Disable? Quicken wants vault password each time I update

beachguysb
beachguysb Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I don't want to have to type my vault password every time I do a One Step Update. Right now it always happens the first time I update after just opening Quicken.

If I'm going to have to enter a password every day anyway (because I reopen Quicken every morning) - I'd rather require a password just to open my quicken data file.

1. Can I disable Vault password 1st time I update each day?
  2. If not, can I add a password for opening data file that would then allow me to disable the vault password requirement? Or will I then have to enter 2 passwords - one for data file and also one for one-step update?

Answers

• splasher
    splasher Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

No, you can not get around entering the Password Vault's password.

They tried that one and done password feature back in Quicken 2014, it failed miserably.

Look into Password Managers, they will fill it in for you. A lot of Anti-Virus software has one available as an addon to the base AV program.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

There is one way where you can doing one step update without a password but you're not going to like it. If you don't use direct connect for your connection type you can remove the password vault, and Quicken will not ask you for that password.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.