Add month names to date selection menus [EDITED]

tavarua62
tavarua62 Quicken Mac Subscription Member
edited August 27 in Product Enhancements

Would it be possible to add month based date ranges to the selection list? I often want to see spending for a given month. Using the Custom Date range selection is clunky and time consuming. It would be so much easier to have, say, the previous 12 months listed. Easy, right? Having to choose dates, when all you want is the entire month is annoying.

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

I understand the feature request, so what I'm posting below is possible time-savers if the developers don't add months to date menus (or until they do).

There are a number of keyboard shortcuts which work whenever your cursor is in a date field which can make it easier to select a prior month.

The key extra to know is that pressing any of these keys repeatedly will increase or decrease the week, month or year.

So if you wanted to select the month of June right now (when it's August), you could press MMM to get 6/1/24, tab to the ending date field, and press MMMH to get 6/30/24. That's certainly more clicks than selecting"June" from a menu, but it may be faster and easier than typing the actual dates; once you do it a few times and commit the keys to memory, you might find it's pretty quick and easy.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993