Quicken email account or inbox for donation letters

IAmMikeRana
IAmMikeRana Quicken Mac Subscription Member, Mac Beta Beta
edited August 31 in Product Enhancements

While reading the August newsletter about charitable giving and how to properly record it, I wondered if Quicken could generate an email account or inbox I could forward letters such as the charitable giving or the receipts received from my donations? It's not difficult to click Add Attachment and navigate to the right folder, but I thought it might be a form of one-stop shopping.

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

I'm not understanding what you're asking for. As you note, you can drag your charitable receipts onto each transaction, if you want to save them in Quicken. Of in your email program of choice, you could create a folder/label for Charitable Receipts and drag the emails containing receipts into that folder/label. But I don't see what an email mailbox would have to do with Quicken? I don't envision Quicken engineers wading into anything involving email systems, since users utilize so many different email programs.

If you want to "forward" your email receipts somewhere, I'd just create a Charitable Receipts folder in your Documents folder, and drag your receipts there — preferably after renaming each one in a consistent way with the date and name of the charity, such as "2024-08-31 - American Red Cross.pdf" (if you want your receipts in the Finder in date order) or "American Cancer Society - 2024-08-31" (if you want your receipts in the Finder in alphabetical order). I much prefer saving documents outside of Quicken, because I can manage them in ways I can't within Quicken, and I don't like bloating my Quicken data file with lots of attachments.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

And those should go in your tax file. Maybe a tax program could store them for you. Turbo Tax has a MyDoc storage area.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• IAmMikeRana
    IAmMikeRana Quicken Mac Subscription Member, Mac Beta Beta

This was one of those that probably sounded better in my head than would work as a feature, but I like to throw it out there to get feedback. After thinking about it, it would be better to simply save the PDFd letter in documents, or in TurboTax.