Can your transfer Quicken Deluxe 2014 on Windows to a new computer with no disc drive?

Kristyconz
Kristyconz Quicken Windows Other Member

I bought a new computer which is also on Windows. The new computer has no disc drive. Quicken Deluxe 2014 was loaded on my old computer through a disc. Is there a way to transfer the software to my new computer so I don't lose all my previous data or so I need to rebuild Quicken?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you still have that disc, copy it to a USB drive and install from there. You'll also need to use the USB drive to take a backup on the old computer and restore on the new.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• volvogirl
    volvogirl Quicken Windows Other SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Your data file is separate and ends in .qdf and should be in your Documents then in a Quicken sub Folder. Or you can search your computer for all files ending in .qdf to find them.

If you do install an older version you will need to update it. One of the SuperUsers has posted the update patches for older versions (2000 and newer) of Quicken. You may have trouble installing 2014- 2017 since it will want to check your ID password and 2014 was only on the old Intuit system.

http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-patches-us.html

If you get stuck on a Registration window, you can try the following to bypass registration:

Start or restart Quicken. Do not start a One Step Update or any other download activity.
    Press and hold and keep holding both the left CTRL and Shift keys while you click Tools and then One Step Update. When the message “You will no longer be prompted for registration” appears, click OK.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.