Why are my Amazon Transactions not Downloading from My Wells Fargo Checking Account

bigjimal
bigjimal Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I have Quicken Business & Personal for Windows (ver. R58.9 / Build 27.158.9) I’m using Windows 11 Pro. This started happening a few months ago.

When I download my transactions from Wells Fargo checking, everything downloads except for the transactions from Amazon. I’ve had to manually input the Amazon transactions from my checking account statement.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

So, if I understand you correctly, every purchase you make at Amazon.com is directly charged to your WF checking account … correct?

When you download transactions from WF, do you automatically add / accept downloaded transactions to your checking account register? Or do these transactions appear in the Downloaded Transactions tab at the bottom of the register view and need to be accepted after review?

• bigjimal

The Amazon purchases are bought with my debit card attached to the checking account. I automatically accept downloaded transactions.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

How does the balance in your WF account in Q compare to that account at WF's website? When was the last time that you reconciled this account?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for responding.

I automatically accept downloaded transactions.

That could be the problem. Because they most likely all use the same downloaded Payee Name, Quicken may incorrectly assume that these transactions need to be matched to an older, previously accepted transaction of the same name and does not create new transactions instead.

Try setting your WF checking account to NOT automatically accept downloaded transactions (in Edit Account Details for the checking account, Online Services tab, change the blue text "Automatic entry:…" to "OFF"/"No").
    After the next download, all downloaded transactions will appear in the Downloaded Transactions tab at the bottom of the register view. Make sure the Amazon purchases show a status of "New", then click to select one at a time, review, change Payee Name if you don't like what's been downloaded, categorize as needed and accept. If not "New" right-click to change to New, then review and accept.

• bigjimal

Thank you very much UKR and NotACPA for your Assistance. This is my first time reaching joining and reaching out to the Quicken Community and I'm not sure how to respond correctly, so hopefully this is OK. To UKR - that sounds like a great Idea and I'll start that now and let you know how it goes.

To NotACPA - I'm embarrased to say, but I've never reconciled my Accounts. I started with Quicken in 2022 and worked with it off and on. I'm 67 and just got married in April. So it was important to bring OURfinances together since we're retiring in 4 years. There's two things that seemed overwhelming,……going through categorizing with Amazon Accounts for the last couple of years and reconciling 5 checking & 5 Savings Accounts and numerous credit cards. I'm doing all this to pin down what the current spending pattern is, to make the necessary changes to get into the proper financial groove at retirement. I've mastered the Amazon challenge and now it's time to bite the bullet and reconcile the accounts. If there are any pearls of wisdom on this one, I'd appreciate them. :)

• bigjimal

Hello UKR, You're a genius…I think it worked. I just did my first download after making the change you recommended and lo and behold, I saw my first "Amazon" transaction. I'll swing back around with you in a week to see if the problem was totally taken care of. THANK YOU!

This discussion has been closed.