I can't Edit a Investment Category that is already assigned a Tax Line Item

crwalejr
crwalejr Member ✭✭✭✭

The procedure for editing a Category is to open the Category list, right click a Category and select Edit. I want to edit a Investment Category in order to change the assigned Tax Line Item. If I attempt to do this where a Tax Line Item is already assigned, the Edit option is not available. The funny thing is that if I right click a Category where there is no Tax Line Item assigned, the edit option is available. So what am I missing. How do I change the Tax Line Item for a Category that already has an assigned Tax Line Item

Tagged:

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13

You should not try to change the tax line items that go with the built in investing Categories. These are the ones that begin with _underscores.

What are you trying to accomplish?

QWin Premier subscription
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

With some cautionary trepidation because I agree changing the tax line assignments may not be a good idea, I offer the following:

As reported by RJS in another thread-

"Good news! It appears that it is once again possible to edit the "_" investment categories in QWin R30.14.
    Hold down CTRL and SHIFT and right-click the category. You should see Edit in the resulting menu. Then you can go to the Tax Reporting tab of the resulting dialog and correct the tax line item."

Proceed with caution.