Investments showing up as Expense issue

In Quicken for Mac Classic Premier version 7.9.1 Build 709.54540.100 Current Sonoma 14.6.1 version - I spent an hour with Alvaro chatting about the issue (Bug?) of not being able to remove "Investments" from my budgeted expenses. These are mostly CD interest and Dividend entries from my Fidelity transactions. We tried several ways and he researched it but was unable to come up with a solution that didn't also remove them from my Income section (where they belong). This addition by Quicken fouls up the totals shown at the top of the expenses. It can't be removed as the "Investments" category doesn't show up in the "edit budget" screen, Quicken just throws it in there. I'm curious if anyone else has run into this and if you might know of a solution. Alvaro suggested this might be an improvement for an upcoming release.

Comments

• Hello @dbnewlon,

To assist with this issue, please provide additional information. When did you first notice this behavior? Which version of Quicken were you using when it started? What category is assigned to the problem transactions (CD interest & Dividend entries)? Is the assigned category showing as an Income category or an Expense category?

If possible, would you please post a screenshot of how it appears in your budget (with any personal information redacted)? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.     

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.