PNC Bank issues

Anyone having issues again with downloading from PNC Bank? It says it connects and there's nothing to download but I know that is wrong. I have tried deactivating and re-activating with no luck. It's been that way for about a week.

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

No issues for me. What kinds of accounts are you trying to download?

Which connection setup are you using? (such as PNC Bank - Web Connect or PNC Bank - Virtual Wallet or PNC Bank - Direct Connect)

Are you getting any error codes or messages?

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R58.9 on Windows 11

• Burntex1
    Burntex1 Member ✭✭

trying to download checking and savings transactions via Direct Connect. No error messages when the update finishes it just says there's no new transactions, but I know that I have new transactions.

• Burntex1
    Burntex1 Member ✭✭

All fixed. I needed to deactivate the accounts and reactivate using web connect

• Boatnmaniac

For the past 6 wks or so that has been happening to me. I found that there is something happening (most likely at PNC) that is compromising the connection.

Have you tried doing Reset Account? If so, what happens?

For me, doing Reset Account totally deactivates the connection. I have then been able to successfully restore the DC connection and getting downloads by doing the following. You might want to try doing the same thing.:

1. If you have not already done so, for each PNC account enter and save the Opening Balance transaction dollar amount into the Memo field of that transaction. (This is not necessary for the setup process but it is a proactive step to take that can be very helpful should the following steps end up changing the amount of your Opening Balance transaction dollar amount.)
    2. Backup your data file.
    3. If you have more than one PNC account to be set up with DC: Make sure each account is deactivated….Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate.
    4. Add Account > do not click on the PNC logo…instead, in the search field type in PNC Bank > select PNC Bank - Direct Connect and instead of clicking on Next, click on Advanced Options > Continue > select Direct Connect > Next > Next > Continue > enter your DC userid (your SS number or the userid PNC initially provided you) > enter your PIN that PNC initially provided you > check the box to Add to PW Vault > Connect.
    5. When prompted during the setup process, make sure to Link the download(s) to the account(s) you already have set up in Quicken.

Let me know if that resolves the issue for you.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited September 20

Are you referring to using the PNC Bank - Web Connect setup to set up the EWC+ connection? If so, after a while let me know how well that has worked for you.

This PNC Bank - Web Connect setup was originally to be used only with the WC connection method (manually downloading and importing transactions from the online account in QFX formated files….also commonly referred to as "Quicken" and "Web Connect" files).

When PNC replaced EWC with EWC+ last winter this PNC Bank - Web Connect setup started being used for EWC+ as well as for WC. For me, WC continues to work well but EWC+ with this PNC Bank - Web Connect setup has had intermittent reliability issues. Hopefully, it works better for you.