How to create a report of transfers from savings to checking

PCWizard
PCWizard Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭

I'm having troubles creating a report of transfers FROM savings TO checking without getting transfers FROM checking TO savings included. I'm running Quicken Deluxe for Windows, version R58.14, Build 27.1.58.14. Any ideas?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• volvogirl
    volvogirl Quicken Windows Other SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Yes that works for me. You don't even need to use the Transfer options. I made a report FROM Checking TO Savings. I selected only the Checking Account. You would select the Savings Account.

So do a Spending Report - Itemize Payees
    Customize
    - Accounts - Clear All then pick your Savings Account
    - Categories - Clear All then pick Checking Account

That's All. Is this what you want?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

Answers

• volvogirl

Maybe only include 1 of the accounts not both? Like the Saving Acct. Then play with the Transfer options include/exclude.

• volvogirl
    Answer ✓

Yes that works for me. You don't even need to use the Transfer options. I made a report FROM Checking TO Savings. I selected only the Checking Account. You would select the Savings Account.

So do a Spending Report - Itemize Payees
    Customize
    - Accounts - Clear All then pick your Savings Account
    - Categories - Clear All then pick Checking Account

That's All. Is this what you want?

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Note that to avoid unwanted Categories in customized reports, you may need to go to Edit > Preferences > Early access and un-select the Customize reports option.

QWin Premier subscription
  • PCWizard
    PCWizard Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭

First, thanks to everyone for their suggestions. This experience has reminded me that there's often more than one way to accomplish a goal. Volvogirl's method works. Before I saw her latest contribution and after struggling trying to find my own solution I thought I'd see what AI had to offer and queried ChatGPT. I'm a retired IT Tech so I was interested how "Quicken aware" AI was. It came back with several detailed methods and I worked my way through each to see what would result. It turns out that several of the suggested steps ChatGPT suggested simply didn't exist in Quicken. This might be the result of limited input of Quicken into ChatGPT's LLM (Large Language Model). Perhaps it included possible steps that existed in older versions of Quicken but have since been deprecated. It's a reminder of the current limitations of AI and my experience writing ChatGPT queries. That said, one suggested method included using tags, something I've never used before in Quicken. It does require that I go back through past transactions and add a TransferToSavings tag to the pertinent transactions (forgot to mention, not all savings transfers to checking were wanted) . Since there were only 11 transactions I was concerned with so far this year that was quick and easy and the report works great. Moving forward there's now a saved transfer entry with the required tag that I can use for future entries that I want to appear in this report. Again, thanks so much for being such a supportive Community!