Citibank (9/26/24) downloaded transactions that are not mine ?

teeann
teeann Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭

9/26/24 Today Quicken (one step update. express web connect) downloaded 4 transactions into my Citibank Quicken account that are not mine. (3 are for gas in MO, KS where we have not been, and one $124 interest charge) I went to my online Citibank account and everything is fine. I put the account on temporary hold just in case.

This must be a Quicken download problem. If I call Citibank they probably won't even know what I am taking about, so I thought I would post here.

I will probably just delete these 4 and hope everything is okay.

Best Answers

Answers

• Gsec I
    Gsec I Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I have the same issue. Just did OSU shows purchases from Denver CO, Exxon, Petsmart, Loves Gas Boontown CO.

What's going on?!

• Gsec I
    Gsec I Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Seems like this can be a MAJOR security breach!

• teeann
    teeann Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭

As I said, these charges dont really seem to be on my citi account. So must be some quicken/citi downloading error. I have locked my account at Citi. I’m not going to use it and will probably just close the citi account. Not sure what else to do, I don’t have the energy for this right now, just had surgery.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @teeann and @Gsec I,

The information (transactions, accounts, balances, etc.) that is downloaded into Quicken comes directly from the financial institution and their servers, which Quicken does not have access to. To learn more and resolve this issue, I suggest reaching out to Citi Bank directly for further assistance. It is recommended to request to speak to a tier 2 agent or a supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• bertglats
    bertglats Member ✭✭

I have the same issue. My Citi account shows none of the charges, so I’m not sure what notifying Citi will accomplish. I will lock my account for now and call. If I get an answer I will post.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

We do now have an active alert regarding incorrect transactions with Citi Bank. You can follow this link to access that alert where I suggest you bookmark it for all further updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

• conwaynyc
    conwaynyc Member ✭✭✭

Still waiting for a resolution midday September 30. Come on, it's the end of the month and there is much bookkeeping to be done. Can't you guys get this resolved? Why has Quicken become so unstable and filled with surprises? It used to be such a solid app.

• mserick
    mserick Quicken Windows Subscription Member

Same. Citi Costco is still not working. Quicken downloaded someone else's transactions to my quicken last week, all the way back to 9/11 even though my actual Citi Visa account has none of these showing. Now I still can't access this account thru Quicken, so I've disabled auto uploads. Having used Quicken since the 90s, this year has been awful. I spend more time correcting things and the constant issues. Guess I'm done.

• conwaynyc
    conwaynyc Member ✭✭✭

How about a weigh-in from Quicken here?

• clark W
    clark W Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Even though on 9/29/2024 you say we can download transactions I cannot get my Citicard to work. The bank says it authorizes the Citi connection but when it sends me back to Quicken it says the connection failed.

• Jay2456
    Jay2456 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Today, Sep 30, Citibank informed me that Quicken has shutdown access to Citibank transactions because Quicken is working on its communication interface issue. Further, Citibank hasnt changed its communication protocol in months and therefore this is a Quicken issue. On Sep 27, Quicken informed me that this is a Citibank issue and dont have a solution yet.

I wish we could get a straight story and most importantly when is it going to be fixed.

• conwaynyc
    conwaynyc Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 30

[Removed - Rant]

• kathy234311
    kathy234311 Member ✭✭✭

They posted over the weekend that download had been restored for Costco Citi cards, and today for all others. But it's not true—my Costco Citi card still doesn't download. It brought in only two of more than sixty transactions that should have downloaded. And though I can see those two in the download window, the download count says 0 and there is no "accept" button for them.

STILL BROKEN. And I really don't want to have to manually enter more than sixth transactions.

• conwaynyc
    conwaynyc Member ✭✭✭

love Quicken for removing statement of frustration along with requests for guidance as a [rant].

• qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭

Ciitibank still broken. fixed quickly? hardly. And asking me to renew subscription at the same time? When will this be restored?

• conwaynyc
    conwaynyc Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 1

Just went through the set-up process 5 times to reauthorize my Citibank accounts - everything works fine on Citibank side; I get a confirmation that the accounts have been authorized (including 5 emails confirming Quicken access to Citibank account information - 1 per try) and am returned to Quicken which reports:

"Sign in to Citibank failed. Try again. Sorry, the sign in failed due to a time out connection error. Select Sign in to authenticate via you web browser."

Tried again including a restart. Nothing. Clearly a Quicken issue, still unresolved at 10/01/2024 11:15EDT.

Is anyone at Quicken monitoring this ?

• conwaynyc
    conwaynyc Member ✭✭✭

Have tried 5 times to connect to my Citibank accounts. Following Quicken instructions I authorize Citibank to allow access by Quicken. This is confirmed each time by Citibank including an email confirmation for each authorization. Quicken reports: "Sign in to Citibank failed. Try again. Sorry, the sign in failed due to time out or a connection error. Select sign in to authenticate via you web browser."

I think 5 tries is enough to indicate Quicken has not resolved the issue they believed would be resolved quickly (as reported yesterday). It is not Citibank, it is a Quicken issue.

• RJTJR
    RJTJR Quicken Windows Subscription Member

One Step update with my Citibank account still not working. Spoke to Quicken Support. No ETA for a fix. I went into my account setup for Express Web Connect and my primary Citibank checking account showed that it needed to be authorized. Its been authorized for 5 years. Strange that it now says it needs to be setup. I went through the setup procedure and got a message that said setup failed. Wondering, if and when Quicken gets this Citibank issue resolved, will I have to go back in and setup my accounts for One Step Update again???

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello all,

We’ve updated the alerts, but just to clarify, we’re not blocking you from making any changes. This issue is actually on the side of the service provider (Intuit) and Citi, so we’re waiting on them to get it fixed.

Thanks for your patience!

-Quicken Jasmine

• conwaynyc
    conwaynyc Member ✭✭✭

Not sure the Moderator is making sense? Does blocking you from making any changes mean updating?

• Chickey
    Chickey Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Seems like they fixed the Citibank connection, but after reauthorizing my accounts, it downloaded the latest transactions, but changed the opening balance on each account. Anyone else experience this?

• mserick
    mserick Quicken Windows Subscription Member

That's happened to me before. Even made a balance on a closed account. That's why I'm waiting to do a download with Citi until this all gets straightened out. Getting so tiresome. Spend more time trying to fix their mistakes, only to have it repopulate the next download. Exploring and testing out competing programs. Soon I will be gone. These new owners have ruined this program.

• PRD
    PRD Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

i had this problem as well. It changed the opening balance by the sum of the pending charges.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

We have received notice that the issues with Citi have been resolved. The Community Alert below has also been updated:

This thread is now closed, thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.