Search transactions obscures year in Date field

tired techie
tired techie Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭
edited September 28 in Reports

[I am running Quicken for Windows R59.6]

When you do a Search Transaction from the upper right corner of the main Quicken window, you get a result that shows the Date as "MM/DD/..". The column is not wide enough to show the complete date. Yes, you can mouse over it to see the complete date, but can't you spare a few more pixels in the column width, so the full date is immediately displayed.

Also, I don't use ever the Tag field, so would be happy if I could configure this window to not display an empty column.

Thanks.

4 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I concur. The default window size is a little small, but fortunately, you can both make the results window larger (wider and taller) and you can make individual columns wider or narrower.

To make a column wider move the mouse pointer into the column headers row over the "|" column divider. When the mouse pointer changes to "↔" click and hold the left mouse button and draw sideways.

The unfortunate part is that any customizations you make are not saved across Quicken sessions or multiple invocations of the Search dialog within the same session.
    The Find dialog should be updated to become user customizable.

• tired techie

Yes you can make the column wider as described above. And yes, unfortunately, the customization is not saved.

Agreed: The Find dialog should be updated to become user customizable.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I find that if I make the whole Search Results box wider so that the whole date is displayed, Quicken remembers the size of the box. Does that solve the size problem for you?

QWin Premier subscription
  • tired techie

@Jim_Harman Your suggestion worked. Thank you.