Search box for Bill and Income Reminders

tired techie
tired techie Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭

The Bill and Income Reminders window (from the "Manage Bills and Income" button) would benefit from a Search box at the top, just like "Account List" has.

I find the Bill and Income Reminders feature to be a very useful place to manage upcoming and recurring events. As a result, my list is quite long, making it tedious and time consuming to find a Reminder that I wish to inspect or edit.

A Search box at the top of this window would be quite useful.

Thank you.

2 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Reminders are intended to be used for recurring bills, income, and transfers. For me that is about 50 reminders. Quicken already provides several ways to view and manage your Reminders. I find the Stack view and the Manage Manual Bills and Income button on the Bills & Income tab most useful. You can sort the table behind the button by Payee or date. Improvements have been proposed in other Ideas but I have never felt the need for a search box.

Can you please let us know how many Reminders you have and give an example of how you use them for one-time events?

QWin Premier subscription
  • tired techie

Since I use Quicken almost every day, I find it convenient to put important upcoming events in the Bills and Income reminder window. I now have about 200 reminders. Some examples of one-time events are:

• my auto inspection is due in six months
    • my passport is expiring in two years
    • the driveway needs resealing

I know these are not Bills & Deposits, but it works great for these reminders. Except when I need to look for one.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 28

This may not work for you, but I find the free Google Calendar and its accompanying Tasks app very useful for this sort of non-financial reminders.

The calendar synchs with my phone and wife's calendar and phone so we can both tell what is happening. If you use Gmail and you give permission, upcoming events like plane flights and hotel stays are automatically added to the calendar.

Tasks can have one-time or repeating due dates like your examples, or they can be like a simple to-do list. Tasks with a due date are shown on the calendar along with the events you have scheduled. You can create multiple task lists (one for home projects and separate ones for other projects for example), you can add a description to each task, and you can create sub-tasks if you want.

QWin Premier subscription
  • tired techie

@Jim_Harman Thanks for the suggestion. Google is already reading my emails. I prefer to not have them know everything about my life. My desire may be futile.