Why doesn't my Quicken present software updates anymore?

Metrixtech
Metrixtech Quicken Windows Subscription Member

My Quicken program used to present software updates on a regular basis. Now my Quicken version is stuck on Release 53.32. Not only do I never get automatic software update notifications, but when I try to manually update by clicking "Check for Updates" under the "Help" tab, I get the message "You already have the latest version of Quicken (Release 53.32)." If I click on "Release Notes," also under the "Help" tab, I can see the current version is Release 59.6 and I am many releases behind. Does anyone have any idea what is going on here and what is the best way to fix??? Thanks.

Tagged:

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know why your installation is no longer updating. It seems really odd. Perhaps someone else will pop in here with some insights.

In the meantime, you can manually update your installation by downloading and installing the Manual Patch Update file from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product/. . This will update your installation to R59.6.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R59.10 on Windows 11

• GeoffG
    GeoffG Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Cannot explain what is happening with your stuck versioning, but I would suggest installing the mondo patch to get you back to current.

Update and Mondo Patch: 2018/2019 Release of Quicken for Windows (Subscription Product)

This is assuming you are current with your subscription. If in doubt, check that under help.

• splasher
    splasher Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Is your subscription current and active? How about a screenshot of the Help→About Quicken screen. Be sure to block out any personal info.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 5

Your link doesn't work. BTW, it is no longer called the Mondo Patch. It is now called the Manual Patch Update.

Good question regarding the subscription status. I should have thought of that, myself.

@Metrixtech - If your subscription has expired, the only way you can update your Quicken installation to the latest version or a more recent version is if you resubscribe.

If you decide not to resubscribe the latest version you can install is the one that was current at the time your subscription expired. You can view the release dates for prior versions and download an applicable more recent version Manual Patch file from https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has/. .

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R59.10 on Windows 11

• sonomaron
    sonomaron Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭

My subscription is current and I haven't received an update request since 54.9 in January 2024. Did a manual update to 59.10 just now. Not sure why I haven't been receiving update requests.

• splasher
    splasher Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you set a firewall rule to prevent Quicken running the program that checks for updates?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list