Cambridge Investment Research / Netxinvestor no longer connects

bd1223
bd1223 Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

I have both IRA and Roth IRA accounts here and both have worked flawlessly until a week or so ago (right around the same time that Citibank stopped working). The following error appears:

This account has been marked as Closed or Hidden in Quicken, and is in an error state at the bank. If this account is no longer active, click Disconnect.

There was an unknown error trying to update this account. Please try again later. (2005)

Within the detail, the following is listed:

Server Message: Your Introducing Broker Dealer is not setup to support this service. Please contact your Investment Professional for more information.

But like I said, this all worked until recently. Using Direct Connect.

Best Answer

• bd1223
    Answer ✓

I contacted Cambridge Tech Support (888) 245-0452. Something changed so that you have to sign in using NetxInvestor (NOT Cambridge). Also, when you sign in, you need to put your 3 character Financial Advisor ID in front of your username, and where it asks for a PIN, that's where you enter your password. It worked for me.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @bd1223,

Are you aware of any recent changes involving Cambridge Investment Research/Netxinvestor?

A 2005 error typically occurs with financial institutions that require enrollment or registration with them for connecting to their accounts through a personal finance management application. The Online Banking Support for the financial institution would be able to assist with that enrollment/registration, if their website does not offer any "self-help" solution for connecting through Quicken products. You may follow this link to access a FAQ that provides more information.

I do apologize that I could not be of any more assistance!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• bd1223

Thanks, no, there were no advertised changes with them, and there is no support info on their website.

• ralphf
    ralphf Member ✭✭

I have the same problem. I contacted them and they said they have made no changes on their side.

• bd1223
    Answer ✓

I contacted Cambridge Tech Support (888) 245-0452. Something changed so that you have to sign in using NetxInvestor (NOT Cambridge). Also, when you sign in, you need to put your 3 character Financial Advisor ID in front of your username, and where it asks for a PIN, that's where you enter your password. It worked for me.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

@bd1223 We appreciate you updating your post and sharing this information. I went ahead and marked this comment as an Accepted Answer so it will display at the top of the thread and hopefully make it more visible to others.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.